Chapter 9

I walk into the room. He was so much smaller now that I wasn't 5. The memory was fuzzy, but the more I stared at his face, the clearer it became.

Mom tucked me in and I held onto the small rhino. She kissed my forehead and I giggled.

"I love you my little bubble" She says pushing her nose against mine.

"I wove you mommy"

She leaves and I smile to myself. She was happier than usual. I snuggle the rhino and then the door opens again, but instead of Mommy, it was a man.

He looks surprised to see me, but I look at him confused. Mommy didn't like having people over. She usually yelled at them when they came.

He comes to me and I back away from him into the wall. He takes the rhino from my hands and I whimper. He took Stripes.

I start to cry and the man chuckles and picks me up. I wiggle in his grip but he doesn't let go. We leave my room and walk into the main part of our small house

Mommy was being held down by 3 men and there were 7 more that were asleep behind her. She looked hurt.

"Mommy" I whimper.

She tries to stand up but the men push her down. I start to cry harder and the men say something in a language I don't know.

One of the men holding her pulled out a knife and twisted her hand back. I struggle against the man holding me but he's a lot bigger than me.

He starts to cut her and Mommy starts to cry. The man keeps cutting Mommy and she is bleeding a lot. They're pulling her skin off her. That shouldn't happen.

She started screaming and I didn't know what was happening. The men laugh and I try to get to her but the man holding me won't let me. I look up at his face but he's smiling and laughing.

As I look at the man in front of me, I know it's the same one. The one who held me.

"What are you going to do kid?" He grunts.

I walk out and walk to Eyes.

"Where did you find him?" I ask surpring myself with the how loud and hard my tone is.

"Um, I didn't. I don't know where my um, my men found him. He's, um, he's a traitor?" Eyes says backing away from me a bit.

"Anyone can hurt him but don't let them kill him." I say walking back to the cell.

I would kill him. I would kill him for killing my Mom. I would kill him for hurting the only person I cared about until Eyes and Ears. I would kill him.

I walk back into it and the man watches me. I stare at him wondering what I should do. Mental torture first right?

"I wonder what I should do first?" I say softly.

The mans eyes widen. Obviously he knew who I was, how I didn't talk. Better yet, he didn't recognize me.

"Maybe I should skin you alive too?" I say barely containing my anger

I see his mind working. The gears turning. Him wondering who I am. Wondering who he's skinned before. But what's better, is I see it when he recognizes me. Or at least who I was. When he recognizes me as the boy he held while his friends skinned my mother.

He pales so fast and he starts stuttering and crying. I walk to him and he starts shaking.

"I'll be back" I whisper in his ear and then I leave.