Love Can Burn Like A Cigarette.. (Ch. 13)

Autumn

"Hey Sissy, watch this!" I always wanted to rollerblade like sissy, she was my inspiration, the one who made me feel cared for, the one who made me feel like.. me.

She was beautiful at it, the most emotional songs, she poured her heart out by it, always trying our new tricks, it was her cry for help, aswell as her escape, where she felt free, as if nothing could hurt her, nothing could harm her, nothing could harm us.

My hair flowed graciously as I executed a beautiful spin move Charlotte taught me, just how she showed me.

I felt free, like myself, the person I will never get back but miss, the cool breeze of the wind from when I spun, the way the wheels felt on my feet, the emotional song with a powerful beat that it didn't seem as sad as intended, the emotion in the singers voice, the choreographed dance me and Charlotte learned, it was all beautiful, almost as beautiful as us.

It felt as if she was there with me again.

It felt as if she was still alive, as if it was a bad dream, as if I really didn't see her die.

5 years ago

Ambulances eventually arrived, she can't be dead, can she?

"Please wake up, please wake up, please.." I stopped the bleeding but it was straight to the head, she shot herself straight in the head.

I can't lose her, she's my only hope to keep living.

I can't let her go.

The medics had to hold me back as I watched them put her on the stretcher, saying she still had no pulse, I felt my heart breaking into tiny pieces as they said they don't know if they can save her, it felt as if the only person who understood me was just taken away from me like that, in an instant.

I think that's when I understood what heartbreak was.