Leanne

I've avoided high school reunions for the past five years, but when I returned from medical school I could not escape any longer. My mother convinced me it would be a great way for me and Emma to make connections that could eventually help our careers.

Sometimes I've gone with a colleague that's a nurse and we became close after college. She helped relieve my social tension. However, I always went with a hint of hope that I would see two people who helped me find friendship. They showed me that having friends was the best part of life. They also taught me that people come and go...

I go to Cristina's place because Emma is working late at the foster care and I cannot go with my own opinion on fashion for these things. I knock on the front door of her apartment and smile at a mother with her little boy going into the apartment next to hers. They recognize me already and give me a warm wave before going into their place. Cristina takes a while this time and I start to call her.

She also doesn't answer her phone...as usual.

I start to regret coming, but the door opens and it's a smiling Cristina with a towel on her head. "Hey! Sorry! I was in the shower. Come in! Why didn't you just walk in? You know the passcode."

"What if you had a man over?"

She snorts as she closes the door behind me and goes into the kitchen. "Sorry to disappoint. What's that?"

She brings over a mug of tea while she makes herself coffee as I lay out the different options I have for tonight's meeting. "I need your help. You and Emma are my personal stylists for important things like this."

"Where's Emma?"

"She's still at work. She had an event at the foster care with the kids. Are you busy?"

She sits on the couch across from the one I'm at with a chuckle. "No. I was literally just going to read tonight. Why don't you try on each outfit in my room and come out to show me?"

I happily take one of the outfits into her room and we're back in school when we would do small fashion shows. I come out with the first choice and she hypes me up with excited nods.

"Oh yup! That's right! Give me a little twirl!"

I give her a playful wink when I give her a twirl. She does a small squeal and takes out her phone. She starts playing music and I nod in approval. "Oh yup!"

"I really like this one. You're starting strong. Let's see the rest."

I walk back making my hips sway a little which makes her laugh loudly. After two more outfits, her eyes grow wide, and says, "At what time is this reunion?"

"At 6 PM."

She checks her phone and I smile when she gasps. "Girl! It's ten minutes after 6 already!"

I take the last option and raise my brows at her. "Tell me. Would you also go on time?"

She's quiet for a moment before she nods in approval. "Fashionably late. I like that. Is this the last one?" I nod and she sits back with a smile. "Let's see it."

"You keep talking in plural. Are you pregnant or something?"

"Just go change!"

I run off with a giggle. I come back out feeling comfortable with this choice. I do a small twirl and I know that Cristina sees that this might be the best option. She nods and I return it. "This one is the one."

"I agree," she says. "It's very you. Very semi-formal. Very I'm a doctor but also single and mingling."

I laugh at this and throw a pillow at her. She giggles and gestures at me to wait. She runs into her room and comes out a few moments later with a shoebox. She opens them and takes out beautiful high heels. "These are just perfect for tonight."