Grace

I suddenly miss dancing.

When I was younger, I used to dance every time I felt stressed. My head filled with thoughts that made my heart even more troubled and I would put on my ballet shoes to let my worries float away with each movement.

Instead, I sit down with a tired huff on the last couch leftover. I run a hand over my large belly and watched her dance inside of me. I wish I could be as free and strong as she was.

I let my head lay back a little and I fell asleep with my mind on her strong movements. Then I'm awakened by a soft hand running on my cheek. I gently open my eyes and see my mother. She is sitting next to me and has those warm eyes on me like she used to when she would watch me sleep. I give her a sweet smile and my eyes begin to fill with tears.

I already miss her...

"Mom..."

She continued to run her hand through my hair as she sweetly looked at me. She watches me as if I were the most precious thing on this earth. I understand now this look because my heart melts with this thought every time I watch my children sleep. But I am back to being five, ten, eighteen years old. I sniffle back tears but she continues to see me proudly.

"You are my loving daughter," she says. "You are so strong. I am proud of you."

"Oh, Mom," I say with tears slowly falling down my cheeks. "I don't want to go. I want to be with you. I...What will I do when I don't like it? I can't come to you. I won't have anyone there..."

"You will make friends. You have gone through this once. You can do it again."

She wipes my tears away and comes closer so I can lay my head on her chest. I close my eyes again and listen to her say, "I will see you soon anyways. This baby is soon to come. I will ask Micah to take me to the hospital. I will be by your side then."

I sit up straight again and smile. "You will?"

"Yes! Of course! I wouldn't miss meeting this ballerina for the world!" She puts a hand on my belly and it makes her jump with happiness.

I warmly smile at my moving stomach and run a hand on it, too. "She's coming soon. I'm afraid this whole moving has taken a toll on me. I'm so tired."

"Take it easy, hun. There's a reason why your husband has taken care of a lot already. Even Micah is helping out!"

"I know but I want to help a little at least. The kids are a bit restless."

"Don't worry. They're relaxing now in the playroom. Well, what's left of the playroom. I even gave them lunch already."

I do a relieved sigh. "Thank you so much, Mom. What would I do without you?"

"The same," she says with a small chuckle. "Come and eat. You have to gather strength for the day we get to meet that little girl."

I follow her into the kitchen and let her feed me one last time. I warmly take in her plate and have a chat with her. I laugh with her and even cry again with her. I've been so sentimental in this pregnancy.

Then my husband arrives and my heart does a soft sigh among its sadness. My mother gives him the plate she made and he has his small chat with my mother this time. She takes his hand and says, "I trust that you will take good care of your family. You are a good man and I am happy my daughter has you."

He gives her a warm smile and does a respectful nod. He even puts a hand over hers and says, "We will try to visit as much as we can. Please know that our place is yours if you find yourself in the area and you need a place to stay."

My mother nods with a grin. "Thank you, hun. Thank you for always making the right choices for your family."

The right choice. I still doubt even if I know this is what is best for us. I lay in bed one last night here. I listen to the sound of birds and crickets. I look at the full moon tonight that does not have buildings interrupting its glorious shine. I watch soft winds of the start of autumn begin to enter our room. I pull the covers over my shoulder and let out a soft breath.

I hear the soft sound of snores coming from behind me. I gently turn to my other side and look at my husband sleep. He never snores unless he is really exhausted. I can't help but run a soft finger on his cheek. He doesn't even feel my finger and he's a light sleeper. The poor thing must have really worked hard to get everything in the move in truck. All there's left are the beds and a few other large boxes.

I smile at his handsome features under the moonlight. Even in his sleep, my heart flutters at his gentle breathing.

I love him...

That is all I need to be convinced that it is the right choice. If he wants this, then I want it. He is a good man and a wonderful father. How can I be far from a man like this?

My heart aches to think of a life far from my mother but I could not bear thinking of a life without him.

So I scoot a little closer. My large belly takes up some space but I am still able to put a soft kiss on his forehead and softly run my fingers through his hair. "Thank you," I softly say to him.

He moves his nose a little and does a small snore. I softly chuckle and close my eyes at the feeling of his soft skin on my fingertips. I find sleep with a warm heart.

The next morning, it is a hectic. I run around trying to get the kids ready and organize the last things. My family come to help us out one last time. I do a small giggle when I see my brother help my husband with the beds. My sister-in-law comes to help me with breakfast and my mother helps me with the rest of things. I watch my mother one last time and thank God for the time I have spent with her in this town.

I give my family one last goodbye as the truck finally closes. I walk around our small house and fill my heart with the memories I have created here. From the first time I stepped in here with my husband to today. I walk out with a heavy heart but then my husband puts an arm around me and I smile again.

I give my brother a tight hug. "I love you, Micah."

"I love you, too, Grace. Please don't hesitate to call for anything."

"I won't. Thank you for all your help." He waves my words away with his sweet grin and I keep that smile close to my heart as I say goodbye to his family.

Then my mother. I stay in her arms a little longer. I let my head fall on her shoulder for a moment and take in the sound of her voice telling me that everything will be okay.

I watch them as I get in our car. I wave at them from the window and then watch once more. We follow the driver of the trailer and my family slowly become smaller and smaller at the distance.

A small tear falls down my cheek and I quickly wipe it away. My husband takes my hand and his light brown eyes warmly look at me. "Will you be okay, my love?"

I don't know. I watch my hometown disappear as we drive into the freeway but I still give him a small smile. "With you, I'll always be okay."

He gives my hand a soft kiss and looks at the rear view mirror. Our kids happily look out the window and get entertained with their small toys. I also look back for a quick moment as my large belly asks me to get comfortable. So I gently make the seat go back a little and decide to relax a little.

He does a soft chuckle and says, "You're going to fall asleep already?"

"Do you think carrying a child is easy?"

He puts a warm hand on my belly and it's starts to move. I can see her happily move without even touching. I wince at a kick and say, "She's a little too excited today."

"Me, too," he says. "It's a new day, love. Another adventure with you. We will be home in about two hours and a half. But we will make stops in between for you to stretch and use the restroom. So in three hours should be the time to arrive to the city."

I'm mesmerized at his sweet determination. His eyes shine for this new opportunity that I know will help our family. This time I take his hand and he does a sweet grin. "I love you," I softly say.

"I love you more."

"Do you love me, Mommy?"

I turn at the small voice of my son and my eyes grow wide. "Of course! I love you so so much!" I blow a kiss at him and my daughter and they both sweetly giggle.

Suddenly, my heart begins a sweet melody. A new harmony for today. The musical piece where the lead look into the spotlight and their eyes shine with realization. Finally, they can let out a breath they have been holding in for the entire show...