Cristina

I don't get it. Dr. Kim speaks so well of Mr. Chu, but he can't even answer an urgent email. Or phone calls for that matter. I wonder if this is how my friends feel when I don't answer their messages or calls.

After a few days of urgent search, I decided to look for him. Especially since Dr. Kim reassured me that I would not regret having him as my lawyer. He better be right. I am wasting my time going to his office myself.

With frustration still swirling within me, I get off at a university. A very prestigious university. I know Leanne's sister is looking into becoming a premed here. I admire the campus for a moment. It is extremely large, but nothing compares to the small campus where my life changed when I was in my twenties.

Oh gosh. I'm so old...

I make my way to the admission office and ask for Mr. Chu. They tell me that he is a professor here for law students. I'm once again impressed by him. No. Amused rather. Very interesting facts about him. Quite intriguing I have to say...

I ask for his office and I am directed back to my car so I can drive to another part of the campus where the law students abide. It seems like every major has their own little city on this campus. I admire the drive there and observe the many different parts of this school I did not see from the other side. The field is beautifully beige from the autumn season coming to its end and the trees stand naked. The wind begins to pick up and I wrap my coat closer to my body as I enter a large building.

Inside, the floors are light brown and shiny. The windows are large on the sides and make the sunlight make square figures on the floor. My high heels loudly clack along the tile floor as I enter an area with many offices. I go up to the receptionist and ask for Mr. Chu. I decided that if he was not available, I would just look for another lawyer. I don't even know why I came out of my way just to look for this man.

The lady shakes her head and kindly says, "I'm sorry, hun. He is at a lecture right now. But it should be finished soon. If you would like to wait for him, you may--"

I gently wave her words away. "That's alright, ma'am. Thank you for your help."

"Of course, hun. Have a good day."

"Have a good day!"

I start back to the wooden doors, but I stop when I see Mr. Chu standing there with hands in the pockets of his suit pants. I'm stunned once again at his appearance and he does the same small smirk he gave me at the hospital event.

"You didn't even try waiting," he says with a small scoff. "Are you in a rush, Dr. Wong?"

I scoff at his mock and cross my arms on my chest. I won't let his attitude get to me again as I firmly say, "I am actually. I believe I left plenty of emails and even tried calling your business number, sir."

The receptionist pretends not to listen to our conversation, but he notices her quick glance and only does a small smile. He gestures at me to continue walking down the hallway and I watch him start down that path. I look at the receptionist and she quickly looks away. I clear my throat to push back my embarrassment and follow him into an area where the floor is of thin carpet this time. He opens an office door and lets me walk in first as he holds the door. I give him a small head bow and carefully enter.

It's a large office. He seems to be one of the important professors on this floor. He has a beautiful office filled with black leather and glass. I admire the structure of the furniture and then catch a glimpse of the law campus from the large glass wall. Mister Chu goes to a small black shelf that has a tray of beautiful glass cups. He opens a small fridge and takes out a cold tray of ice. He brings out another glass bottle as he puts two ice cubes in the glass cups and says, "Would you like a drink?"