Cristina

I look my very best today. Whether I fail or succeed in the trial today, at least I look good.

I put on my lipstick and spray my expensive perfume around my body. I get my favorite high heels and put them on. I look at myself in the mirror and cross my arms on my chest.

I guess I look decent.

Leanne comes into my room after giving it a light knock with a cough. She has her mask on but her eyes are wide. "Wow! You look so beautiful!"

I do a shy smile and do a little twirl. "You think so?"

"Are you going to a fashion show or the court?"

"I thought, if I get sued today at least I look like a girl boss."

Leanne does a small laugh but then coughs. "That's the spirit. I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't know about Mr. Chu though."

I laugh at her words as she checks her outfit in my mirror. "Why do you say that?"

"Because you look so hot. I hope he does a good job today. You might distract him."

"Oh my gosh!" I give Leanne a light slap on her arm. She furrows her brows at me when she puts down the mascara. "Sorry. We should get going soon. Are you sure you want to still come with me? You're dying, girl."

She shakes her head. "I'm okay. I need to support my best friend even if she is a fugitive now."

"I'm not!" I push her towards the door as she gets her bag with a giggle.

As we enter my car, I get a notification from my phone and it shows on the radio screen. Leanne looks at me with raised brows when she reads the message from Mr. Chu.

Let's get drinks after this. That will be your way of payment for my precious time.

Mr. Chu is still intriguing even if he often has a stiff attitude. I have not seen him do a genuine smile if it isn't a smirk. He is most times uptight and can come off as rude. But he is good at what he does. I'll give him that. He has to be the best lawyer I have encountered in my years of work.

We did not meet much after my visit to that campus. We mostly kept contact through emails and phone calls. He always spoke to me with such professionalism and respect. I liked that part the most when listening to his voice. Then we met in person a few days ago. This time, he came to my office.

While I always have my office tidy, I cleaned up a little more that day. I checked myself in a small mirror and sat back down at my desk when I received a call saying that he was here to see me.

"Let him in."

Moments later, he appeared in my office with a slight head bow. I don't know why I was so nervous. My heart raced as his dark eyes did a quick look around and then his lips began a small smile.

"May I?" He gestured at the chairs in front of my desk and I quickly snapped out of it. I nodded and he quietly sat down.

I've had so many strangers come into my office. But this stranger seemed to make my heart want to leap. I observed the way he dressed up nicely just to see me. He had a three-piece suit and his hair was parted to the side and pushed up instead of being parted in the middle with small flocks falling on his temples. He had his firm expression again but I even admired this of him. He looked ready for a business meeting. He is always prepared...

He began taking out a few documents for his suitcase and said, "I'll tell you now that you don't have to worry. I had a chat with Ms. Emma Nam as well. She might be having more of a problem than you will. I will make sure you don't get sued. Doctors are the first to see abuse. It is your duty to speak up."