Introduction to Arlo's Boo! - Arlo and Gwen

ARLO

Pronouns: They / Them

Gender: nonbinary

Sign: Aries Sun, Cancer Moon, Scorpio Rising

Born: April 15, 1997

Arlo is

Arlo is a lonely, hurt child.

They don't have much control over their emotions which tend to jump between impulsive, angry or quiet.

They crave family and attention but don't know how to articulate their wants and emotions to keep that kind of connection. When things end they believe it is because they don't deserve love and in exchange, people don't deserve their communication.

They like to feel people want to be around them and they usually stick around with the connections that sought them first.

They are not embarrassed or ashamed of who they are, they don't care for NPC's opinions.

They prefer to walk away than fight, they are bad at dreams and do believe they will have an ordinary life, even tho they don't want to. They are unmotivated and a bit lazy.

They are bad planners and childish.

They are kind and comprehensive- maybe not empathetic but patient.

They are quiet and shy, they are adorable and sweet.

"I could never be fully honest with you because that would mean I would hurt you, and that is something I could never forgive myself for" - Arlo to Gwen

Arlo in a small scene

The veterinarian sprints through the waiting room, Arlo grabs her by the arm and looks at her straight in the eye.

"Nobody has told me anything."

The veterinarian looks at Arlo's hand, they let go of her.

"What's your pet name, sir?"

The sir rings in Arlo's ear, it is not important how they are perceived right now, the only cruciality is-

"Pancakes, my ferret- he swallowed something and they took him to have a removal procedure..."

"I can check with the veterinarian in charge.."

"That's what the other one told me!" their cheeks turn red, bloodshot eyes.

"Sir... I know this is a difficult time, but I'm going to need you to calm down."

Arlo's stance relaxes, and the tone of their voice changes "I'm sorry- I just need to know if he- if he is ok."

The veterinarian nods and leaves the room. Arlo sits down in the waiting room, they rub their legs, trembling.

It was their fault- they knew better than to leave the yarn lying around. Before bed, they should've checked the living room and the bedroom to see if there was any thread loose. And now... Now Pancakes...

Arlo hides their face with their hands. No- they won't go there. What would Gwen say?

Their breathing increases, they look around as the room gets smaller and the voices get louder. Pets and their owner pass through the waiting room.

"Not here- please, not now..." they whisper to themselves.

Gwen would say "Let's not think of the worst possible scenario, ok? Pancakes will be fine- the thread was probably not that big..." She would try to place a hand on Arlo's knee, a touch that could snap them out of it- or send them forward a spiral.