Dreams

Bedroom_Arlo and Gwen's Apartment_Night

"Arlo..." Gwen floats next to Arlo who is asleep in their queen bed mattress. Gwen shakes their shoulder. The room is dark, the moonlight and the street lights create some shades in it.

"No... who..." Arlo mumbles in their sleep.

"Arlo..." Gwen caressed the top of their head, Arlo's body jitters.

"Arlo!" She shakes their shoulders roughly.

"Who?! What?!" Arlo sits up in a hurry, their hand on their chest "What? What is it?!"

They rub their eyes and look around, their breathing is agitated.

"You were having a nightmare..." Gwen floats and stares at them "A bad one I think- you were turning around and saying something about Pancakes..."

"Huh..." Arlo stretches and yawns.

"But Pancakes is fine, he is asleep with Blueberry" Gwen floats to their cage "See!" she points at two sleepy ferrets cuddling next to each other on their hammock.

"I had the weirdest dream..."

Gwen floats next to them.

"There was this woman, long dark hair and wine lips, deep eyes!" Arlo lays down and shifts their pillow "Really, deep entrancing eyes."

Gwen rolls her eyes "ok... a lot of emphasis in the eyes there..."

"I can't get them out of my head- she was saying something about Pancakes being ok... he had eaten a thread of my yarn." Arlo's eyes tear up, they quickly rub their face against the pillow to get rid of it.

"Oh- I know you worry about that but we are super careful! You know we are."

"Yeah, I know" they sniff clear their nose, and turn around to the other side of the bed "Those eyes tho..."

Gwen crosses her arms "So not a nightmare then?..."

She floats close to Arlo.

They yawn and close their eyes "I just want to talk to her a bit more..."

The sound of Arlo's snores fills up the dark room.

"Arlo!" Gwen floats next to their face, she pokes their cheeks "How can they be asleep so fast?"

Gwen looks at the full moon, round and chubby. The nights are long when you don't have to sleep.

"I wish you dreamt about my eyes..."