Gwen

Int. Arlo and Gwen's bedroom - Afternoon

Gwen looks at herself in the mirror, her floating body barely fits the small frame.

"How can Arlo even see themselves in this?"

Gwen floats upside down "There is no contortion that can solve this..."

Why did it matter... She wasn't going to change her outfit, it was not like she could. Or wanted... It didn't matter.

Gwen looks closer to her face, the reflection barely noticeable.

Is weird how I look the same... I haven't aged even one bit.

I guess that comes with the whole being dead deal...

She floats in the middle of the room, trying to catch the full reflection of her body in the mirror

"Hm..."

Int. Arlo and Gwen's livingroom - Afternoon

Gwen floats up to the kitchen "Whatever-" she picks up her phone, unlocks the screen, and presses play.

🎵 I Can Break Your Heart Too - The Aces 🎵

Whatever if she didn't age, and whatever if she was sick and tired of looking at the same eyes, the same sweater and freckles, the same tummy.

She never liked her image when she was alive and she thought maybe- maybe as a dead person she wouldn't have to worry about her reflection. No- there she was, obsessed with it. But, whatever.

Gwen goes up to the fridge and opens the freezer, she takes a large ice cream pot and a spoon from the drawer of the kitchen counter.

Sometimes the days were slow, especially when Arlo was working.

Gwen looked at their ferret cage, Pancakes and Blueberry were asleep.

"Everyone seems to be doing their own thing..."

Gwen floats in the middle of the living room. Ice cream pot open, spoon in her mouth.

"This is so boring." Even without being eternal, the moments she was inside the apartment, alone, felt meanly stretched.

"Lucky for me today is hang-out day!" Gwen does a little small dance and floats up to the coffee table, she picks up her phone.

No one truly messaged her. Her parents got divorced after her death- they were the kind of people who thought she was truly dead, and a ghost was in no way a reflection of the daughter they had. Somehow Gwen didn't feel lonelier because of them not reaching out. When she decided, that much was clear in her mind, she knew who their parents were and she accepted them.

Gwen's phone screen lights up.

"New message, new message!" Gwen places the ice cream pot on the kitchen counter and floats to the bed

Int. Arlo and Gwen's bedroom - Afternoon

With her feet floating up she reads the message.

"Oh..."

No hangout then... Wait- Alone? Like her and Arlo... Alone.

Yes, they were always kind of alone. They lived with each other- Alone... And cooked alone, and spent time alone... But at night? Outside? On a dinner?

Gwen closes her eyes and shakes her head.

They have gone to dinners together. She was just being a dumb dumb. Eating out at night with Arlo was nothing special.

She leaves the cell phone on the bed and floats to the mirror again.

Gwen sighs.

"I'll guess this will have to do" She floats to her piano and lays her head on the keys.

Did Arlo ever think about how she was translucid? Sometimes she thought they didn't even notice...

If she thought of Arlo, she could probably describe them in detail. The way their hair stood everywhere in the morning, and the way their eyes widened when they understood something... And the way they smiled when they were with Marissa and Cleo! But when she thought of them looking at her... it felt like they looked at her as if she had always been there, no amusement, no joy, just there.

"You're being silly- Gwen" She hits the keys of the piano.

She knew Arlo saw her.

Gwen gets up and picks up her phone.

Waiting, and waiting for life to pass by