Pizza Party

Street_City_Night

"We overdid it with the topping choices." Arlo carries a couple of tote bags. The wind howls, and drops of rain smack their face. Arlo looks up, they zip their winter jacket.

Gwen accommodates her winter hat, it has a lovely pink and blue fuzzy yarn "We don't want to be the kind of people who throw a 'do your own pizza' party and only have pepperoni as a topper!"

Arlo nods "Yeah- I guess you're right."

The tote bags slide from their shoulders. Arlo stops and accommodates them. They look up, the rain is barely noticeable, it falls like tiny specs around them.

Is nice- to be out... We've been spending more and more time at the apartment lately- Arlo looks in Gwen's direction to see her taking a turn at the end of the street.

"Gwen!" they pick up the pace "Unbelievable..."

Kitchen_Arlo and Gwen's Apartment_Night

Arlo sets the many pizza toppers inside new glass Tupperware, their lids have a pastel mint color.

"Aren't you happy we got new Tupperware?" Gwen takes her label machine and places a label on the lid, it reads "pineapple".

"That label won't last long inside the fridge."

"Don't be a party pooper, Arlo. People need to know what topper is inside the Tupperware, and now I can label everything I want around here" Gwen prints another label and places it on Arlo's hand, it reads "party pooper".

"No, they don't. You open the Tupperware-" Arlo opens the Tupperware in their hands "And you just grab whatever you want and leave it open on the counter for other people to see what's in it."

They place the Tupperware on the counter, Gwen grabs the lid, closes it, and places a freshly printed label on top of it, "ham".

Arlo shakes their head. They get on the task at hand, new Tupperware, more toppings.

She truly did go overboard with the options... especially with the- They look to their left to see Gwen munching on the different cheeses, she turns around to face them and smiles with her stuffed cheeks.

"Gwen- stop eating the cheese!" Arlo grabs the bags of shredded cheese.

"But..." Gwen floats to the kitchen sink counter, picks up an uncooked pizza bread in the shape of a kitty. It has tomato sauce, cheese, ham, onions, and mushrooms spread on it "It's almost ready!"

"You know we won't have much left if we do our pizza tonight, right?"

Gwen frowns.

"Is the oven even on?" Arlo lights up the oven's light and opens the lid, they stick out their hands "When did you even turn it on?!"

Gwen places the pizza inside "Now you do one!"

Arlo sighs "How about, cream cheese and pepperoni?"

"Eww!" Gwen laughs "Cream cheese on pizza is weird..."

Arlo grabs some of the leftover dough "Fine. I'll make it anyway, is my pizza, my toppings-"

Gwen floats next to Arlo, she snatches some of their dough and works on it "I'll make my own then!"

"Let's put on some music, and light that living room candle we like and-"

Gwen floats to the little center table by the couch "On it!"

Arlo's favorite band starts to play. They look at Gwen, she lights up the candle and turns on the TV, she connects her phone and a muted "Stellar Odessey" appears on the TV screen.

Gwen floats back and focuses on her dough, she smiles at Arlo and they smile back.

It feels good... to be around someone who knows me without having to say much.