Choosing what to watch

"NO!!!" Gwen slaps the remote control out of Arlo's hand.

"Ouch!" Arlo shakes their hand and looks at Gwen, who floats just next to them on the couch. "I was choosing!"

They point at the TV- the banner of a sci-fi, space travel crew with a spaceship in the background, fills the screen.

"Arlo..." Gwen's voice grows quiet, she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath "I love you-"

Arlo's eyes widen- how could she just blurt stuff like that! How could she just-

"But if I have to see the Stellar Odyssey one more time... I swear-" Gwen squints her eyes.

"You said you didn't care what I chose" Arlo's voice gets a pitch higher.

"BUT YOU ALWAYS CHOSE THAT SHOW!" She points at the TV.

"You can't say you don't care and then snap at me for choosing what I want to watch!"

"It is so boring!"

"Boring? Boring??? Is a reflection of today's society and it was written in the 80s! Don't you think is funny how sci-fi hasn't evolved, they just don't do stories like this anymore!"

"For a reason.." Gwen says under her breath.

"What? What?? Say that again!"

"Arlo- I could recite the whole show, not an episode, the whole show! Please..."

Arlo crosse their arms around their chest "Fine, you chose- I don't care."

Gwen's grin grows from ear to ear. She floats and picks up the control remote from the floor, she goes to the search and types up.

Arlo looks at the TV- a romantic, piece era with two women protagonists comes up, a beautiful valley behind with a sunset as the background.

"NO!" Arlo jumps from the couch and snatches the controller but not before Gwen presses play. They stand there, control in hand.

The orchestra soundtrack fills up the room. Gwen floats to the couch, her eyes focused on the screen.

"Oh, Misses Bennet- I cannot control these feelings that slave my soul, my heart is like a shooting star, burning, yearning for your touch-" Arlo rolls their eyes and whispers along the actress.

Gwen turns around and gives them a threatening glare.

"I'll go make the popcorn..." Arlo sighs, and walks up to the kitchen.