Comfort Food

Living Room _ Arlo and Gwen's Apartment _ Morning

"You should go now..." Gwen pushes Arlo through the front door.

"I'm going- Gwen..." Arlo hardly moves, their black platform boots steady on the floor. "Can you stop pushing me, I said I'm going!"

Gwen puffs her cheeks with effort.

"Let me just grab the tote bag-" Arlo stretches their arm to grab their tote bag hanging from the wall. It has the illustration of a dinosaur, wearing too big of a sweater and a Christmas hat.

They look inside it "Ok I got the thread, and the needles, the pieces, and the-"

"Yes, yes you got everything, I promise. I packed it earlier so you could leave before 11- Arlo you promised"

"It's 10:30 am!"

"Exactly!" Gwen gives Arlo a last push, Arlo steps outside and the door slams in their face.

Hallway _ Building _ Morning

"Smsh..." their head buried in the tote bag "I can't see my keys"

Arlo's head gets out of the tote bag "Gwen! My keys!"

They stand in front of the door- look at their watch. "Fine..."

Arlo walks down the hallway.

Coffee Place _ Afternoon

"I think we should start planning the trip down there- see some apartments maybe?" Marissa sits down facing Arlo.

Cloe carries two trays with two hot dogs and a Coke "That's what I was telling Arlo, babes-"

He sits on Marissa's legs.

Arlo gives Cloe a confused look "You were telling me about this TikTok video you saw last night." they check their phone, and they put it back on the table.

Marissa looks at Cleo "Really, guys?"

Cleo shrugs, he takes a bite of his hotdog.

"The date is coming up, us not preparing for it won't make it not real-"

Marissa stands up and looks at Arlo, they pick up their phone again-

"Sooooo..." she shares a glance with Cleo "Gwen kicked you out-"

"Nooo, nothing like that, it's just that-" Arlo puts his phone down, the screen lights up, a message comes in, they grab their phone and unlock it, a chat shows up.

Arlo stands up, they grab their tote bag and leave some money on the table "I gotta go!"

"But we were playing after my shift!" Cleo yells at Arlo "Arlo!"

Living Room _ Arlo and Gwen's Apartment _ Afternoon

Arlo opens the door "Gwen!" they grunt and lock the door.

"How many times have I told you to loc-" They turn around and face the sofa, Gwen floats over the cushions sobbing.

They rush to the sofa and sit next to Gwen "That bad, huh?"

Gwen nods and lays on their knees. Arlo blushes, they pat Gwen's shoulder. They place the McDonald's to-go bag on the center table.

"Hey... Come on, I brought some comfort foo-" Gwen's crying gets louder.

"Hm..."

Arlo stays still as Gwen cries, her face buried in their leg. Arlo's tummy growls "You don't mind if I-?"

Gwen's crying gets louder, she hugs Arlo's waist. Arlo stretches their arm and opens the Mcdonald's bag, they take a couple of french fries and eat them "Are you sure you don't want some? I asked for them to be extra salty..."

Gwen shakes her head.

Arlo looks around, they whistle and Gwen squishes them "Gwen- hey, softer... Softer!" Arlo grabs Gwen's arms and pushes them away. She loses the grip, hugs their neck, and continues to sob.

Arlo sighs, they turn on the TV and grab their game control. The video game music is a mix of action music, steps, and fire shots.

Arlo plays while Gwen cries white holding their neck.

Living Room _ Arlo and Gwen's Apartment _ Night

Arlo opens the door "Gwen!" they grunt and lock the door.

The birds sing outside, the sun shines through the bedroom window flooding the living room. It goes from light blue to a yellow, to a burnt orange- the living room grows darker, Arlo's face illuminated by the TV.

Gwen sobs, she lets go of Arlo's neck and cleans her tears away. She looks at the McDonald's take-out bag.

"You brought me french fries..." she sobs, opens the bag to find it empty "You ate all of them?"

She lightly slaps their shoulder "Argh, you're the worst!" she floats away to the room.

"The worst?!" they leave the control on the couch and follow her to the room.