Chapter 31

Anna's pov:

"Mama." I say as I grip Valerie's blazer lightly  .  Yesterday was stressful with Iris,  Mama, and Louis.  Today, Mama decided I could stay with her as she works in her office .
"Yes, baby?" She says as I blankly stare at her . For some reason, I can't find words to come out of my mouth . I want to speak. Why can't I speak ? I feel tears prickle down my face as I grip her blazer tighter .
"Shh, it's okay, mommy's right here. Do I have a little girl in my hands today?" She says as I whine at the word little because I am a big girl . She chuckles as she bounces her leg and rubs my back, making me hum in response to the feeling .
"Mhmmm, how about we go to Iris? Let's see if she wants to watch Minions ." Mommy  says as I smile. I wonder how Iris is doing after yesterday . Mommy opens the door as she carries me on her hip . She walks down to the TV room, making a smile appear on my lips .
"Sorry to disturb Mrs. Pellion, but Mrs.Corter would like to see you . " One of the assistant members said as Valerie sighed and walked to Louis's office .
"Hey Louis." Valerie says as she sets me on her lap . I snuggle into her chest as I take in her scent .
"Valerie, can you please check on Louis it's been a bit quiet, and maybe she slipped into her little space ." Louis says, making Valerie chuckle .
"Yeah, I was just about to go before you called me dumb asshole." Valerie says as she stands up, leaving an annoyed Louis  . We enter the TV room to find Iris watching teen titans, making me smile since I loved teen titans from I was a kid .
"Mhmm Iris, are you hungry?" Valerie says, startling Louis, making her start to cry . Woah, she's in a deep headspace .
Valerie bends down with me to pick Iris up, making me shocked when she balances herself like she isn't even carrying dust.
"It's okay, it's okay, little one mommy's got you ." Valerie says to Iris as she sets me down on the couch to watch teen titans as she sits Iris on her lap .
"Baby, can you go please call Louis for me ." Valerie says, making me nod as I stand up, walking towards Louis's office . I was about to turn the door knob but I was stopped by the door opening, revealing Louis, who was on her phone . Louis picks me up bouncing me lightly .
"Are you okay, little one ? Are you lost?" Louis says as she brushes out the hair strands out of my face, making me huff at her .
"Mommy wants you . She's in the TV room." I say as Louis narrows her eyes at me in disbelief.  What do I seem to be suspicious.  I roll my eyes at her as she walks towards the TV room. She sets me down on the floor . I go to sit next to Valerie, who seems to have Iris still in her lap . Louis sits next to me in confusion.  Really ?! Is she confused ?
"Iris is in a really little headspace ." Valerie says, making Louis almost  choke on the juice she took from the mini bar fridge . Louis is the ceo of the gallone community, but she looks like a newbie dad making laugh as Louis glares at me.
"Hmm, maybe we should go to the mall since I need to buy some things . What do you think, Val?" Louis says as she pats my head .
"You sound like a cat scratched your throat." I whisper in Louis's ear, making her smile as she picks me up on her hip.
"Yeah, you too seem to be excited to go . So let's go ." Valerie says as she chuckles and picks up Iris, setting her on her hip .