Chapter- 3 Painful Past!

Ruhi looked at Abhay, who was staring at her. She took a deep breath and tried to say something, but the words refused to come out. In the end, she mumbled a weak "Sorry" as it was the only thing she could offer her Bhaiyu. She knew his anger had subsided, but the only thing he was upset about was her hiding the invitation from him. She wished she could explain to him why she didn't want to go and attend the ceremony, but she didn't even have an explanation.

Abhay signed and held her hand making her sit, "I am least interested in your sorry. I just want you to attend the function this year atleast. It's a very prestigious award ceremony. You can't toss it away just like that Ruhi." He explained gently.

Ruhi sighed, "Mera decision final hai. Mujhe kisi award ceremony mai nahi jana," she stated

"It's your second time. Last year you gave us some stupid excuse ki exams chalu hai iss liye nahi jaana. Iss baar kya reason hai tere na jaane ka?" Abhinav couldn't help but ask.

Ruhi shrugged casually, "Yeh saal mera mood nahi hai,"

"Kab tak bhagegi sach se, Ruhi?" said Abhay making her stiff. He made her look at him, "Function mein isliye nahi jana kyun ki tera mann nahi hai ya isliye ki tu Rudra ko nahi dekhna chahti." Ruhi looked away; he always hits the bull's eye.

Abhay gently held her hand. "It's a big thing for you, for us...for Rudra. Agar use pata chala toh..." he trailed off as Ruhi pulled her hand back and got up.

"Mujhe nahi jana, yeh mera aakhri faisala hai. Kisi ko kya fark padta hai aur kya pata chalta hai, mujhe usse koi lena dena nahi hai," said Ruhi a bit harshly and turned to go.

"Teri zubaan aur teri aankhe dono he alag baat keh rahe hain, Ruhi," Abhinav commented. Ruhi just left from there; she had enough of their discussion for a day.

Abhay and Abhinav, looked at her retreating back their hearts heavy with sorrow. For the past six years, they had witnessed her silent anguish, but their attempts to reach out to her had always been in vain. She had built walls around her, refusing to let anyone in, reserving her pain and sadness solely for one person to see. It was a bittersweet situation, they knew how much she longed for solace, yet she remained hurt and resentful towards Rudra. Similarly, Rudra, too, was wounded by her actions and harbored his own anger towards her. Both were stubborn souls, unwilling to let go of their pride for the sake of healing.

Ruhi sat in her car and drove off towards the AK Mansion. Tears trickled down her cheeks, and she wiped them away furiously. "I don't even deserve to cry!" She thought to herself.

Six long years had passed, but the wounds of hurt inflicted upon her by someone she loved with every fiber of her being were far from healed. Adding more to her pain what happened two years back was the worst, each passing day had been a constant battle, a painful reminder of the shattered trust and broken promises. The weight of this emotional burden seemed unbearable, and in that moment, Ruhi found herself lost in a sea of despair.

Ruhi, faced her adversities. She yearned for her Dada's protective embrace and wise counsel as she navigated the difficulties of adulthood. Her dreams and ambitions felt incomplete without Rudra's unwavering support. Though her Bhaiyu was there for her in every hurdle she faced, every longing she suffered, those sleepless nights when she missed her Dada, her Bhaiyu held her closer to his heart, trying his best to comfort and give her the warmth of the person she was longing for.

Her Bhaiyu was her best friend, a partner in crime who supported her in every stupid thing she did and never asked a question in return. In her school life too, if she decked a guy, she was scared less of her Bhaiyu's reaction as he would hype up her spirit and show her some more random techniques to deck the person properly, whereas her Dada's reaction was something that she didn't even wish to remember.