Chapter- 6 Rudra Khanna!

By the time Anika dropped Rudra off at Khanna Mansion, it was already late at night. He was exhausted, drained, and his mind was a complete mess. The sudden decision his father made shocked and hurt him to no end. However, the conversation he had with Anika and the decision they made together was something that soothed him. They both agreed to give each other a year before settling down. Rudra was willing to wait just for Ayan, who is only 17. He was clear that once his brother turns 18, he will take the much-needed actions, but for now, it felt like a far-fetched dream. The conversation with Anika showed him a bigger picture, but he still wasn't sure and was scared to make any decision that might bring trouble for Anika in the future.

Anika was firm on her decision; she was willing to get engaged to Rudra and advised him to talk to his father. She cared less about what is going to happen when she marries or how she will manage in such a toxic and orthodox family, yet she was ready, not caring a damn about all the ifs and buts that she might face. She was hurt, angry, and upset, but all her emotions were directed towards Prem Khanna, a dominating man filled with ego and pride, unable to see through anything and hurting his own son to the extent that Rudra is beneath begging.

For the world, Rudra Khanna might be a ruthless, cold man who bows down to none. But in front of his father, he can't even look straight in his eyes, too scared to make a mistake and say something negative that he shouldn't and in the end his siblings might end up facing the consequences of his actions. For Anika, Rudra was a man who is a synonym of love, a protector, guardian, defender for his loved ones, but in the process of shielding them, he is getting hurt and facing the brunt of it like it's nothing. Nevertheless, both were determined to do what was necessary according to the plan they made.

He was about to go to his room when a maid came towards him, "Rudra baba, aapko Sahab bola rahe hai." Rudra nodded, dismissing her, and made his way towards the study.

He was sure he loathed the place more than his siblings now. There was a time when he used to stand outside the study for hours, impatiently waiting for his twin and sister to come out from behind those closed doors after their study sessions so that he could console them. He was never a rebel; Ruhi and Abhay were enough to compensate for that, and in the end, they found themselves at their father's receiving end without any mercy. He chuckled internally. No matter how many times he tried to talk some sense into his stupid twin and sister, they were thick-skinned and thick-skulled to listen to him at all. However, he loved them just the way they were!

Once outside the door, taking a deep breath, he knocked and entered the study without waiting for his father's reply. Well, that had become his habit. He loved testing his father's patience level and riling him up. People might call him a sadist, but he was desperate to see what his father could actually do. Within six years, he was sure he hadn't faced the actual Prem Khanna wrath that his twin and sister had faced. He didn't know the reason behind his father's mercy towards him, and at 28, he was willing to test his father on how calm he could be and how much he would let him get away with.

As he entered, his eyes landed on his father, who was sitting on the couch with files sprawled around him... a typical lawyer! He sighed and stood in front of him, waiting for him to speak, which was not going to happen anytime soon. What surprised him was that the famous Prem Khanna wand was nowhere to be seen. He sighed inwardly, thanking his stars. Within six years, he had seen his father controlling himself from beating him into agreeing or obedience. Well, he had other ways too, yet it's not like he didn't use his wand on him; he definitely did, but that one-time dose was enough for him to keep himself in check for the upcoming weeks or months!

After somewhat 15 mins...

"Ruhi se last time kab mile the Rudra?" Prem's cold, dominating voice threw him out of his thoughts, making him stiff.