𝟓. 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐋𝐘 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 as they raced towards Grace's car for shelter. The which had been parked in the furthest place possible. Pullimg her arms over her head, trying her hardest not to get soaked by the rain full. Scarlett ran as fast as she possibly could.

Though it wasn't actually raining and Scarlett wasn't running either, it never rained it Sliver falls. Duh. Scarlett just felt like being dramatic.

If you'd asked a long term Silver falls resident what rain was, they'd probably call it a myth and call you a conspiracy theorist for believing in such nonsense. Or that's what Scarlett believed.

The four teenagers - Skylar, Grace, Scarlett and Jackie - strolled through the long, healthy green grass. Someone's job must be to just water it, Scarlett thought randomly. Because with the weather as hot as it was, it should've been all hay like. "Cole waits for no one" Skylar joked, it was true though. He'd never wait, well, until he did. But that's not yet, not for a little while.

The four began joking, all laughing at Jackie's abandonment "and that's the guy everyone swoons over?"

Grace turned to look at Scarlett, "it's the Cole effect, remember?" Had Scarlett even been listening to her?

"- oh no" Skylar interrupted, his eyes landing on a certain duo making their way towards them.

Grace's head snapped towards whatever or whoever Skylar had mumbled about. "Okay, just keep going" she hushed at the two girls, placing a hand on Jackie's back as she did. Her eyes staying focused on the ground. The grass must have been lovely to look at as Skylar soon joined. Leaving a very confused Scarlett to stare at them, wondering if they'd lost their minds.

"Hey" a preppy blonde, strutted over. Scarlett could just tell she was a bitch. She sure looked like one. Plus, the fear and nerves that wrapped Grace and Sklyar's voice was enough for Scarlett to realise something wasn't right about the blonde.

The way her face scrunched up into one of hatred, soon gave it away. "Jackie and Scarlett, right?" She questioned looking at one girl then the other, her voice was soft but it had a certain amount of sourness to it.

"No" Scarlett shrugged, smirking at the glare she'd received from Erin. Who did this girl think she was?

Jackie shook her head at Scarlett's antics. She hadn't caught onto the growing tension just yet. "Yeah" she answered, kindly. "Hi, Erin?"

"Mhm" the girl let out, a very forced smile plastered on her lips. "Look, I don't know who you think you are or whatever, but just so you know, Cole's only being nice to you cause his mum told him to" Erin told Jackie. As if she were speaking pure facts. "Same goes for you" she told Scarlett, looking her up and down, her face scrunching up in disgust. Slut.

"Sounds like classic Cole" Skylar observed boredly, sending Erin a glare.

Scrunching her brows in confusion, "Bitch, I've barely spoken to that blonde prick. The only time I did, he was an arse" Scarlett grumbled, sending the girl an odd look. Erin acted as if Cole had spwoomed over Scarlett the moment he say her, which totally wasn't true. He'd started fucking arguing with her after all! Erin really needed to voice these concerns with Cole, not Scarlett and Jackie.

"Whatever" Erin hissed, her anger growing. Someone needs to grow a pair. "Trust me, Cole likes his girls a lot less vanilla than Miss J. Crew over here" she insulted, her eyes squinting at Jackie. Nu uh.

Eyebrows shooting up, Scarlett took a step forward. Her figure covered Jackie, protecting her. "Doesn't sound like he does, to be honest. Not when you felt like you needed to try and intimidate Jackie with your fake smiles and awfully wofty breath" Scarlett remarked, pulling a disgusted face.