𝟕. 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒, 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐒

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐋𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒. Blessing everyone with some vitamin D. Most townspeople relished in the rays, though a groggy brunette didn't share the same sentiment. It was all too bright. Especially when you only had two hours of sleep, at most.

She begrudgingly dragged her feet through the school threshold, sunglasses coving her forest green eyes. Her beg was thrown carelessly over her shoulders. Seemly having no care for her appearance, though that wasn't true. Not when she'd woken up an hour and a half before to do her makeup and pick an outfit. She usually gave herself longer, but the girl just couldn't get up. Her bed seemed to hold her hostage.

It was Scarlett, if you hadn't guessed already. It was her second day at her new highschool. Something she really didn't want to be doing. Everyone bore happy cheerful smiles, which made Scarlett want to rip her eyes out. Americans.

It was early! So early! And they were all happy and smiley. Absolutely not.

The tired teenager dragged her feet towards her locker. Wanting it to be time to leave already, she sure felt like it had been a whole ass day. "Hey Scarlett" a voice jumped up behind her.

"What the fuck!" the girl shot out, shocked at the sudden mention of her name. She whipped her head around, twisting her body to face the intruder. Well, that had definitely woken her up. She hadn't expected anyone to speak to her, stupidly.

There stood a cheerful Danny and behind him the ever charming Cole Walter. Ignore all the things she'd muttered about hating cheerful people, Scarlett couldn't help but smile at the look on Danny's face.

She wondered how someone could be that cheery, especially in the mornings. "Oh, hey" Scarlett faltered, a tired expression fell on her face.

"You look great, moody" the blonde behind Danny sarcastically remarked. Which he soon earned himself an elbow in the chest from said boy. His eyes dragged down Scarlett's body, from head to toe. She wore a baggy pair of jeans with a black top, a blue star in the middle. It was a normal outfit, one might even go as far as to say it was a solid one. But the thing that the blonde jocky douche was pointing out was the messy bun and sunglasses. From the neck up, Scarlett looked as if she'd just rolled out of bed, or was severely hungover.

God, she wished.

Scarlett rolled her eyes, she didn't care about his opinion. He was after all, the boy who'd nearly offed her. "Great face, blondie. You fall on it as a kid?" Scarlett shot back, smirking as she did. Her eyes moved from the two boys for a short moment. Her gaze falling on the books upon books piled up in her locker. Soon enough her eyes landed on the one she wanted, grabbing her history book. She swung the door shut.

"You like my face, Scarlett?" Cole replied, his signature smirk plastered on his lips. He'd decided to ignore the obvious insult, and inside focus on the most important part.

Still facing her locker, Scarlett let out a hum. "Mhm. It reminds me of Silver Falls. Boring" She shot back casually. Unable to see the twitch of Cole's lips. The girl that stood before him had a certain fire about her, it only made him want to see how hard he could prod it before she exploded.

Scarlett heard the small mutter Danny hissed towards Cole. Something about him needing to chill. The word dude was included but Scarlett didn't care enough to keep listening. Though it was sweet of Danny to care so much about Scarlett's feelings. But truth be told, she hadn't care about Cole nor his pestering.

As she spun around, back towards the pair. Danny's face switched from one of annoyance (aimed at his arsehole brother) to a smile. Causing Scarlett let out a laugh. "So, you have Maths with us, huh?" Danny commented, acting as if he didn't already know.