Chapter 3: Happy Crush!

Ford's P.O.V. 

"I'll take you home." He suddenly said which made me stop and my heart began to race like crazy.

"Huh?"

"I'll take you home," he murmured, and I couldn't help but smile discreetly, observing his slight shyness.

'Cute.'

"What? I didn't catch that," I playfully teased.

"I said I'll take you home," he replied, a hint of irritation in his tone.

"Why?"

"What do you mean, why?"

"Why are you offering to drive me home? I thought we were strangers?"

"It's already 11:11 PM, and there aren't many available rides. It's too dangerous as well."

"It seems like you just want company; just say it. But it's okay, no need to be embarrassed—HEY, I'M JUST KIDDING!" He suddenly opened the car door, and I quickly approached him.

"I've said it before, and I won't hesitate to say it again. I don't like wasting my time. It's such a bother," he said frankly.

"Okay! Thanks!" I was about to head to the passenger seat when he stepped out and walked towards me.

"Hey, you're so kind but you don't need to open the door for me—"

"Sit in the back seat," he said, taking a backpack from there.

"Huh? Why!?"

"What do you mean why?"

"Isn't it normal to sit in the passenger seat? I mean, usually, the reason of other people, they don't want to look like a driver, and then here you are wanting me to be sit—"

"You talk too much — just get in."

"Hmph! Ruining the mood," I muttered. "Fine," I said as I entered the back seat.

Once I seated, he handed me his phone.

"Number ko?" I asked hesitantly. Oh my gosh, is our love story about to begin—

"Input your address so I know the way," he said, and I took this with annoyance, not because of him but because of my embarrassment. Sometimes, I really have the audacity, tsk!

"Oh," I handed it over.

"Commonwealth?"

"Hmm," I replied. He started his car and began to drive.

Silence enveloped us, neither of us saying anything. It wasn't an awkward silence, just right, like a comfortable quietness. I decided to focus my attention outside the window.

"You can sleep," he suddenly said, so I glanced at him.

"Huh?"

"You can lie down if you want. I have a neck pillow you can use. The ride is still quite far," he said, his eyes fixed on the road.

I was about to protest because I was worried I might snore or worse, drool in my sleep. It's embarrassing enough, I might lose my cool!

"In addition, will you still be working on your plates, right? If I were in your shoes I'll take a nap, so I won't get too sleepy while working on my plates."

"Alright, thanks," I replied, keeping it brief and trying to close my eyes. Suddenly, I opened them and added,

"Gadiel." He didn't respond but glanced at the rearview mirror. "Can we have some music? I can't sleep without some tunes, hehe." He sighed, pressed a button, and the radio came to life.