Chapter 10: Finals

Ford's P.O.V.

As soon as Gadiel started feeling a bit better, I made the decision to head home. I couldn't stay outside and impose on someone else's hospitality, even though Gadiel kindly offered for me to stay over.

But I declined.

How could I find peace in sleep when the memory of our earlier position lingered in my mind? We were entwined on bed like a couple, and despite the delightful flutter of butterflies in my stomach, embarrassment still clung to me!

"Where were you?" A familiar voice suddenly chimed.

"Good evening, Mom," I greeted, but she just raised her eyebrows as if she were judging me.

"I said, where were you?"

"I had an emergency with a classmate of mine. We had to discuss the revision of our reports," I excused.

"Hmm... If you say so," she said, sounding somewhat convinced.

"Yeah...uhm I'll go ahead now mom, I'm kind of tired."

"Sure — oh by the way Ford." I was about to go upstairs when she suddenly called my name.

"Yes?"

"Do you have classes tomorrow?"

"No, why?"

"We're going back to our province."

"Huh, why?"

"It's your Uncle Milson and Eric's wedding, we have to be there. They are expecting us."

"Sure." I answered.

"Go ahead now, sleep tight son."

"Thanks, Mom." After the conversation, I went to my room, changed my clothes, and went through my routine. While doing my skincare, I suddenly remembered something.

"SHOOKT! TOMORROW IS THEIR FINALS!" It dawned on me that tomorrow is Gadiel's final game. A sudden rush of disappointment washed over me, and at that moment, I wanted to curse fate for being so cruel to us!

My phone suddenly chimed, and speaking of, it was from Gadiel. Darn!

Gadiel my crushie💗 (Soon you'll be mine!)

Are you already home?

Just got home.

I told you, you should have spent the night here.

I can't.

Why?

Tomorrow we're going back to our province because it's my uncle's wedding.

Oh...so you wouldn't be able to attend the final game?

Seems like that...I'm sorry.
I forgot that it's your finals.

It's alright don't worry.

Still, I really wanted to support you, even though our universities are rivals lol!

Well...
The last time you cheered for me, it ended in disaster.
I was hit by a ball, because you distracted me.

Oh hehe...
Sorry about that.

Don't worry that's all in the past, I don't hold any grudges.

How about this, to make it up to you, what if, once you win,
I'll grant you one wish?
Just tell me what it is, and I'll make it happen for you.

Really?

Yes!

Sounds good, I'll think about it first.
Anyway I'll sleep now so I can gain energy for tomorrow.

Sure, don't forget the meds.

I won't thank you.
By the way, Ford.

Yes?

Take care, have sweet dreams.
Good night.

Thank you.
Break a leg captain.
Goodnight.

"It would have been better if I could be there tomorrow." I buried myself in the pillow, a surge of frustration engulfed me. 

"UGH, I HATE MY LIFE!"

END OF CHAPTER TEN.