Chapter 7: Friendship

Ford's P.O.V.

After finishing our lunch that he brought, we tidied up our mess, and I disposed of it in a nearby trash bin. I looked at Gadiel, who was still sitting and observing his surroundings, perhaps contemplating the simplicity of the moment.

I approached him slowly; he raised his head and looked at me. I placed my hand in front of him. He looked at me with curiosity, and I smiled at him, giving him a "take my hand" look.

"Come on, we're going somewhere." He didn't ask and reached for my hand.

"Let's leave your car here for now."

"Why?"

"Just because."

I took his hand, and we headed to the Jeepney stop because I was going to take him to a special place. After a minute, the Jeepney arrived.

Gadiel's P.O.V.

"We're going to ride....this?" I questioned, eyeing the jeepney with a mix of curiosity and uncertainty.

"Yes! Why, haven't you ridden one before?"

I looked at him worriedly because I had never ridden a jeepney before

I looked at him worriedly because I had never ridden a jeepney before. I obviously grew up only riding our personal cars.

Ford chuckled, sensing my hesitation, and casually draped his arms around my neck, trying to put me at ease. "Alright! I got you!" he assured.

He guided me towards the jeepney, and as I stepped inside, I realized the space was smaller than I anticipated. It wasn't the most comfortable ride, but Ford shifted to make space and squeezed himself to the side of the jeep, ensuring I had some space.

As we settled into our makeshift seats, Ford reached for his bag, intending to pay for the fare. I instinctively stopped him by holding his wrist.

"The fee is on me," I insisted.

"Really?" he questioned, eyebrows raised.

I nodded in response and fished my wallet out of my bag. Opening it, I pulled out 500 pesos, ready to hand it to the driver. However, I was taken aback when Ford suddenly held my hand.

"I saw it coming. Do you think the driver will have change for you? Let me take care of it. And hold your bag tight, sometimes there are thieves around," he advised, his protective instincts kicking in.

"Are you serious?" I questioned, a mix of surprise in my voice.

He just shrugged his shoulders in response, a mysterious glint in his eyes.

"SIR, GOING TO SANTA MESA,FOR TWO," he shouted loudly, efficiently passing the fare to the person beside me, who then relayed it until it reached the driver.

Curiosity got the better of me, and I couldn't help but ask, "How long have you been traveling using Jeeps?"

"Since I was a kid, of course," he replied nonchalantly, as if riding jeeps was second nature to him.