Chapter 16: Bewildering morning

Third Person's P.O.V.

Gadiel and Ford were sound asleep, their bodies intertwined in a tight embrace, finding comfort and solace in each other's presence. The soft rise and fall of their chests synchronized in the rhythm of their peaceful slumber. The morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a gentle glow upon their sleeping forms, as if nature itself respected the tranquility of their rest.

Outside their cocoon of dreams, the world bustled with life, unaware of the tender moment unfolding within the confines of their shared space. Amongst the hustle and bustle, Mikel pondered aloud, his voice a whisper amidst the stillness of the morning.

"How should we surprise Gadiel?" Mikel mused, his words breaking the silence like a gentle breeze rustling through leaves.

Julian, ever the creative thinker, perked up at the suggestion. His eyes sparkled with excitement as he offered his idea.

"What about singing to wake him up?" Julian proposed, his voice carrying the enthusiasm of someone eager to bring joy to their friend's day.

"Nope, that's too cheesy. How about showering him with kisses? That would definitely make him feel giddy," Owen smacked Pierre's head.

"You're as bad as Julian. You know what, let's just greet him normally and quickly, as we still have a long journey ahead," Owen decided. He began to walk, with the others following suit. Upon arriving at Gadiel's condominium, Owen entered the pin code.

It had become routine for Gadiel to entrust his friends with the pin code to their condominium, a gesture symbolizing the depth of their friendship and the trust they shared. This small act spoke volumes about the bond they had formed over time, a bond built on mutual respect and understanding.

With the pin code entered, they slipped into Gadiel's condo like shadows, mindful not to disturb the serene atmosphere enveloping the sleeping pair. Each step they took was measured, their movements deliberate as they tiptoed across the floor.

As they entered the living room, Mikel's eyes widened in surprise as they landed on the coffee table, where an unexpected sight awaited them.

"Huh? Why is there a cake here?" Mikel exclaimed, his voice breaking the hushed silence of the room.

Julian furrowed his brow in confusion, his gaze shifting to the cake in question. "I thought he didn't like sweets, so we didn't buy one," he explained, his tone reflecting his perplexity. "Although it looks... delicious. I'm tempted," he added with a soft mumble, his eyes lingering on the tempting treat before him.

Owen could only shake his head in exasperation, ready to redirect their attention, when Pierre abruptly interrupted, true to his impulsive nature.

Without a moment's hesitation, Pierre dashed off to Gadiel's room, intent on rousing him from his slumber. Among their group, Pierre was undeniably the most troublesome, often proving to be a handful when it came to making plans.

As they watched Pierre's hurried departure, the group couldn't help but puzzle over why Gadiel's cousin, Prince, harbored such a fondness for Pierre, given his penchant for causing headaches.

Suddenly, Pierre's voice echoed from Gadiel's room, breaking the silence with an unexpected exclamation.

"HAPPY BIRTH—Huh!?" Pierre's words were abruptly cut short, his astonishment palpable. "Hey, you idiots, come quick and see this!!!" he called out urgently.

Rushing to Pierre's side, their curiosity piqued, the others found themselves mirroring Pierre's wide-eyed shock.

Intent on offering birthday wishes to their friend, they were instead met with an astonishing sight. Gadiel lay asleep, enfolded in an embrace with another guy. Gadiel's arms were securely wrapped around the younger boy's slender waist, while the other boy's head nestled against Gadiel's chest, his arms encircling Gadiel's torso.