Chapter 12: Bouquet

Ford's P.O.V.

They used to say that meeting the right person at the right time is akin to receiving a blessing. It's not always simple to find someone who fits perfectly into your life puzzle. Sometimes, you meet someone wonderful but the timing isn't quite right, or everything seems to align except that the person isn't the right match for you.

If you asked me to define love, I don't know how to explain it because I've never experienced it firsthand in a romantic relationship. But all I know is... Love has no limits. Love has no boundaries. Love is Love.

"I now pronounce you as Husband and Husband, you may now kiss your groom," announced the priest. Uncle Erik leaned in and tenderly murmured, "I love you," to Uncle Milson before they sealed their union with a kiss.

The surrounding crowd erupted into cheers, but deep within, I felt a twinge of sorrow. While I rejoiced in their happiness, their moment also accentuated my own yearning for marriage.

Yet, I find myself without a partner, and the person I like is very dense, and there's even talk about him being anti-romantic, so how are we going to move forward?

Ughhhh so annoying!

Speaking of him...

Suddenly, someone handed me a handkerchief, and I didn't bother to find out who it was because there were only the two of us sitting beside each other.

"Why do people get emotional when they witness two lovers getting married? Like, what's the difference?" he asked me.

"I don't know!" I snapped at him irritably.

"Huh, shouldn't you know the answer—then why are you crying?" he retorted.

"BECAUSE I'M JEALOUS!" I snapped irritably again, and once more, I found myself crying. I heard him chuckle, so I gave him a glare.

"What's so funny?" I snapped, and he suddenly brought his index finger to my forehead and lifted it from its furrowed state.

"Ease up on the frown. It doesn't suit you," he remarked softly, but I brushed his hand away, still stewing in annoyance.

"Stop imitating me."

He was about to reply when someone suddenly shouted, "Hey, all the singles over there, the bouquet is about to be thrown, come to the front!"

I suddenly found myself smiling and excited. This is really the most exciting part of weddings. The catching of the bouquet. I tapped Gadiel's leg, "Hey, come on, let's go there, it's fun!"

"Huh? No thanks, I'm not interested," he replied.

"You're such a party pooper, come on!" I said, pulling him up from his seat.

"I don't even have a lover, so why would I waste my time?" he retorted.

"So what? That's why singles join!" I insisted.

"What will I gain from it?" he asked, furrowing his brow.

"You might get lucky, come on," I tried to convince him. He paused for a moment and then leaned closer to me.

"I don't even know if it's worth fighting over a bouquet. I mean, seriously, isn't it a bit of a waste? I'm not even planning to have a lover because I don't really vibe with all that stuff. I'm not in any rush to find someone to walk down the aisle with," he stated with a shrug. Pausing for a moment, he then flashed a mischievous grin.

"Unless, of course, you volunteer to be my lover."

His playful tone was met with a stunned silence from me, as I processed what he said.