Chapter 14

"Little Things" Chapter 14

Carrie's POV

We were moving to London tommorow. The doctor had given me a note of approval. The note basically declared me fit to travel, though I still had to use my crutches for another three weeks. My ribs were almost completely healed. Only a little twinge every now and then when I over-exerted myself. 

I was currently hiding out in my room, on the pretense of finishing packing my belongings. Which, in all honesty, I'd finished packing three days ago. I just really wanted some time to myself. To come to terms with the fact that I was leaving Texas, the only home I'd ever known. And I probably wasn't going to be back here for a very long time. If ever.  

There was a quiet knock on my door. I got up and hobbled over to the door, without my crutches might I add. I opened it to reveal Niall, who was smiling hopefully down at me.  

"Can I come in?" He asked.  

I smiled slyly, and replied, "Gee, I don't know. Can you?" It took him a moment but he eventually got it. I literally saw the lightbulb go off in his head.  

He laughed and asked, "Okay, smart one....MAY I come in?" I laughed and stepped aside, allowing him to enter. 

"Yes. You may enter my domain," I said dramatically, gesturing with my arms at my bedroom. He smiled as he stepped around me, shutting the door behind him in the process.  

A moment later, he stopped and frowned at me. "Shouldn't you be using your crutches?" He asked, spying my crutches laying in a corner of the room, currently unused.  

I smiled as I made my way over to my bed, plopping myself down on it, relieved to be sitting down again. Even that small journey to my door had left my leg throbbing.  

"Nah, it was just a few steps, and anyways, I think those poor crutches could use a day off. They've been working hard for the past couple of weeks!" I joked, feeling rewarded when I got a good hardy laugh in return.  

He looked around the room and over at my two suitcases all packed and ready to go. "Sure looks like you're done packing," Niall commented, dryly.  

"Well, I haven't packed my art supplies yet," I mumbled, gesturing to the sketchbook that was still laying open on my bed, an extremely old graphite pencil lying next to it. I reached over and flipped it closed before he could see the drawing that I was currently working on.  

But once again, he proved to be much faster than I was. He plucked the sketchbook out of my hands and started flipping through it until he came to the current page.  

"Hey! Give that back!" I yelped, trying rather unsuccesfully to snatch it back out of his prying hands. He simply held it out of reach as he stared at my latest drawing.  

He smiled over at me before handing it back me. I clutched it to my heart, glaring at him.  

"That was a lovely picture," He said, referring to my sketch of the Texas sunset.  

When I made no comment, he continued. "You're really gonna' miss it here, aren't you?" He asked, softly.  

I sighed. There was just no point in lying to Niall. He was always so perceptive, whether he let on or not.  

"Yeah," I said, equally as soft. I layed back on my bed, relaxing among the blankets and pillows. He layed down beside me and wrapped his arm around me.  

"You'll like London," Niall mused. "There's loads of stuff to do and see. And it's not always cloudy, trust me," He added. I arched my neck, looking at him. I gave him a small smile. He returned it, only with a much bigger one.  

"Awwwwww," Someone said from the doorway, causing both of us to jump about a mile. I sat up quickly, and so did Niall. I noticed that he kept his hand on my waist. But, hey, I certainly wasn't complaining! 

"What do you want, Louis?" Niall asked, sounding a bit irritated.  

He just gave the two of us that incredibly infuriating grin of his and replied, "I just came to check on Carrie and see if she was hungry. We're ordering pizza."  

I up in an instant. "Pizza! I'm up for pizza! I'm always up for pizza!" I yelled. I walked towards the door, but Niall grabbed my arm, bringing me to a halt.  

"No more walking without your crutches. Not until the doctor says it's okay," He said, firmly, leaving no room for argument.  

"You worry too much," I sighed, but grudgingly accepted the crutches when he handed them over to me. Not like I really had much of a choice.

********************************

It was time to leave. Niall had already loaded my two suitcases and, my satchel containing all of my art supplies, into the car, even though I'd protested saying that I could do it myself.  

I climbed into the car, a sullen expressing resident on my face. I scooted over to the other side, sitting with Louis on my left side and Niall on my right side. I kinda' felt like I was sandwiched in. Niall wrapped an arm around me and I leaned on Louis's shoulder. I was actually really comfortable. Harry was driving, Liam was in the passenger seat, and Zayn was stretched out in the very back seat, trying to get a little more sleep.  

Before I even knew it, I had fallen asleep again and someone was nudging my shoulder, trying to wake me up. "We're here," Liam said, and I nodded and slowly climbed out of the car, following them as fast as I could while on these stupid crutches.  

Niall and Louis were way ahead of us, entering a small restaurant at the airport, obviously in search of food at the last minute. Those weird, crazy, lovable idiots.  

Their normal bodyguard, Paul was there and he called someone to take all of our bags. Liam walked by my side, slowing down so I wouldn't have to go as fast to keep up with them.  

"You know, we will be coming back to Texas during the summer during our tour. So, it's not as if you'll never be back again," Liam said, trying to console me.  

I just nodded and gave him a small smile in return. Suddenly, I felt a pair of strong arms lifting me up. I yelped and twisted around trying to see who it was. Harry. Zayn grabbed my crutches, which I had dropped as soon as Harry had picked me up.  

"Fancy meeting you here," Harry said, grinning at me as he carried me through the airport. It looked like it took almost no effort for him to carry me. Damn, he must be strong.  

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" I asked, playing along, for his benefit and mine. I found when I was joking around, I didn't think as much about what was about to happen.  

Harry just laughed and continued to carry me. Soon, we arrived at the terminal, just in time to board the plane. Harry sat me down gently on my feet and Zayn handed me my crutches. At the last minute, Niall and Louis ran up behind us, just barely getting there in time.  

"Sorry, sorry," They both muttered, out of breath, when both Liam and Paul glared at them.  

"You ready for this?" Niall asked me, suddenly.  

"As ready as I'll ever be," I replied.

******************

Author's Note: Hey! So here's chapter 14! I hope y'all love it! Please comment, vote and fan me! 

Peace Out! <3