Chapter 17

"Little Things" Chapter 17

Carrie's POV

After a major tickle war with Niall, which he won easily, he finally left my room and I was quickly able to fall asleep.

*****************

I woke up the next morning feeling well rested and refreshed for the first time in a long while. And I didn't have any nightmares last night! At least, none that I remember, anyway. Which is a good thing, of course!

I quietly rolled over in bed, squinting against the sunlight streaking through my balcony window. I glanced over at my clock and my eyed widened when I realized what time it was. It was past 2 o'clock in the afternoon! Gee, no wonder I felt so refreshed and well rested! I'd slept for around fourteen hours! Jeez!

I quickly threw back the covers and hopped out of bed. I ignored the offensive crutches that Niall had obviously placed right next to my bed in an effort to get me to actually use them. Those things were a complete and utter pain in the ass!

Besides, my leg felt fine at the moment. Why use crutches when it was obvious that I was doing perfectly fine without them? Though, I winced a moment later when I reached my door. Okay, so what if my leg hurt a little bit? No pain, no game!

Screw it, I still wasn't going to use those damn crutches. Nope, not happenin'!

I quietly opened my bedroom door, and was pleasantly surprised to see all of my stuff sitting in neat piles outside my room. Oh those sweet boys!

I quickly started transferring all of my stuff to my room, still being as quiet as I possibly could. I wasn't sure if the boys were awake yet, and if they weren't, I really didn't want to wake them up.

After I managed to get all of my stuff into my bedroom, I bent down and opened my suitcase and sifted through it, looking for something decent to wear. I finally settled on an old black sweater that said swag in big red, sparky letters, and a pair of faded blue jeans.

I quickly dressed and brushed through my shoulder length, dark brown hair. I then pulled it up into a really high pony tail and tied it with a bright red ribbon.

I then quietly padded out of my room, gritting my teeth against the sharp pain in my leg. I refused to use those damn crutches. I was perfectly fine without them!

I made my way down the stairs, and then paused slightly as I heard voices from somewhere in the house. So, the boys must be awake.

I slipped into the kitchen and jumped about a mile when I almost ran into Niall as he was leaving the kitchen, a huge bowl of popcorn in his hands.

He yelled in surprise and dropped the bowl of popcorn, it's contents spewing in all directions.

I glared at him and said, slightly irritated, "Seriously? What is it with you always running into me when I'm in the kitchen!"

He laughed and replied with a shrug. "I could ask you the same question, ya' know."

"Whatever." I just shrugged and moved to go around him, my growling stomach leading the way to the food. Damn, I sure was hungry!

I was surprised when Niall moved to block me, his eyebrows raised in disapproval.

"Where are your crutches?! I told you just last night that you were supposed to use them!" He said, narrowing his eyes at me.

I found myself staring at my feet, in an attempt to avoid his angry glare. Sure, I knew that he'd told me to use them, but I just really didn't like those monstrosities!

"They're in my room," I mumbled, still staring at my feet. I suddenly found the courage to look up at him then as I continued, "But, seriously, I really don't need them. My leg feels fine!"

He simply raised an eyebrow at me and replied, sounding more sarcastic than usual. "Oh yeah? Prove it. Walk across the room and back," he said.

I squared my shoulders and did as he said. I tried my best to conceal my limp and to not make any kind of sound that would give me away. At first, I thought I was doing fairly well, but as I made my way back to him, I couldn't help but wince slightly, and my limp became slightly more pronounced.

"That's what I thought," Niall said, leaving the room and returning a minute later, with my crutches in his hands. He handed them to me and glared at me until I positioned them under my arms.

"Much better," He said, smiling, all of a sudden cheerful again. I just aimed a glare at him as I hobbled over to the refrigerator, in search of something to fill the bottomless pit that was my stomach today.

But, Niall gently grabbed my elbow and guided me to a seat on the island and said, "Allow me."

I raised an eyebrow at him and replied, my voice sounding skeptical. "You? You're gonna' make me breakfast?"

He just laughed, totally unashamed and unaffected by the semi-hurtful comment I just made.

"Of course not!" He then yelled, his voice ricocheting through the house. "HARRY! GET YOUR BUTT IN THIS KITCHEN RIGHT NOW!"

A few moments later, Harry's rambunctious curls peeked around the corner, a sheepish expression on his face.

"You rang?" Harry asked, grinning as he pranced into the kitchen, acting like a diva off of one of those fashion shows. Niall and I both cracked up at his hilarious posture.

Niall regained his composure first and said, "Carrie's hungry. Would you mind making her something to eat?"

Harry just laughed and replied, "Sure thing! Sausage and eggs okay with you?" He asked, smiling at me. I nodded eagerly.

As Harry started cooking, he said, "Really, Carrie, you're lucky you have me here. Otherwise, you'd probably be living off of cereal and pizza."

"And what's wrong with that?!" Niall and I said at the exact same time.

Oh god.

******************

Author's Note: Hey y'all! Okay, so I posted this chapter early in honor of this story reaching 200,000 reads. I really hope y'all like it!:) Please vote, comment, and follow me!

So, just in case some of y'all don't know, here's the basic rundown on my writing schedule:

I will not be updating "Little Things", "Begin Again", or my new work in progress, "Blooming Rose" until I am completely done writing them. Then, I plan on posting a chapter once a week. I will let y'all know the schedule for my posting days when I actually finish one of the stories. Like, as soon as I finish one story, I'll start posting a chapter a week, and as soon as I finish another story I'll post a chapter a week...etc.

So, I hope y'all can bear with me. I'm doing this because I'm about to be a senior in high school, and I need to be able to completely focus on school, and getting a job to pay for SATs, prom, AP tests, and my cap and gown. Stuff like that. I can't be stressing over when I'm gonna' update next. So, yeah, please bear with me. This is a very important year for me.

Peace Out!