Chapter 16

"Little Things" Chapter 16

Niall's POV

By the time we got to our house, Carrie was fast asleep again. She sure slept a lot. I carefully scooped her up and carried her into the house. She barely stirred. The boys were quiet behind me. I think we were all pretty tired. Jetlag sure does awful things to us!

As I started climbing the stairs, Carrie's eyes fluttered open and she craned her neck, looking around with a confused expression on her face.

"Where are we?" She asked, her voice hoarse from sleep.

I found myself chuckling at how adorable she was. "We're home, don't worry," I replied, giving her side a small squeeze. She squeaked and squirmed, and I could tell that I'd found a ticklish spot.

She glared at me and I laughed, but stopped tickling her. She sighed and closed her eyes again, resting her head on my chest and clutched at my shirt with her free hand.

"Niall," Louis whispered from behind me. "Stop for a moment, I need a picture of this," He said, grinning.

I chuckled again and did as he asked. He ran up the stairs in front of me and turned around to face me. He brought his camera up and snapped a quick picture. Carrie looked up then and glared at Louis. He just smirked and continued on his way up the stairs.

I made my way up the stairs and down a long hallway and stopped at Carrie's new room. The door was already open, thank goodness.

I left the lights off as I walked into the room. I layed Carrie gently on her bed and pulled her shoes off. I set them on the floor and pulled the covers over her. She didn't move. She was asleep again, obviously. So cute!

I bent down and kissed her softly on her forehead and then on impulse, I kissed her cheek. I was just pulling away when she opened her eyes again and gave me a small, sleepy smile.

"G'night, Ni," She said, her mouth forming a perfect "o" shape as she yawned.

I smiled back, though my heart was pounding inside. Had she been awake when I kissed her? Did she think I was a creeper? Would she hate me?

All these questions swirled in my mind as I replied softly, "Goodnight, Carebear." Her eyes shut again, and I was sure that she was asleep this time.

I was just leaving the room when Harry and Liam entered, carrying her bags. Zayn and Louis were right behind them, carrying a couple of boxes.

I rapidly shook my head as I whispered, blocking them from going into her bedroom, "Just leave her stuff out here. She's asleep, you might wake her up."

They nodded and quietly put her stuff down. Though they were very careful not to put the stuff right in front of her door, so she wouldn't trip over it when she got up in the morning. See? We're pretty considerate when we want to be!

The five of us decided to watch a movie before heading to bed. I headed for the kitchen, intent on getting us some snacks when I realized that Carrie hadn't eaten yet.

I walked back out into the living room where the others were. They looked up.

Harry grinned and said, "Hey, Niall, what's a matter? Is there no food in the kitchen?" He knew damn well that there was food in the kitchen. He was just messing with me. My stomach growled at the mere mention of food.

I ignored him and turned to Louis. "Hey, Lou? Do you think we should bring up something for Carrie to eat? She hasn't eaten since we were got on the plane," I said, trying not to sound too worried.

Louis frowned, and you could almost literally see the gears turning in his head as he mulled over the question. But, after a moment, he shook his head and replied, "Nah man. Let's just let het sleep. We'll just make an extra big breakfast in the morning."

Everyone looked at Harry, as he was the best cook out of all of us. He laughed and said, "Sure, whatever. I'll make breakfast."

I shrugged. Problem solved. I headed back into the kitchen to get us those snacks.

And almost ran right into Carrie, who had several granola bars in her hands. I gave a small shout of surprise and she jumped and gave me the famous deer in the headlights look. She almost dropped the granola bars, she jumped so badly.

We both stared at eachother for what seemed like hours. We were pretty much locked in a stardown. She blinked first. I laughed and said, "Go on. I won't tell the boys that you stole our food."

She narrowed her eyes at me and said, "I live here now, so it's my food, too. It's not stealing!" She stuck her tongue out at me, smirking as though she had just won some kind of battle.

I laughed, looked around her, and then narrowed my eyes at when I noticed what was missing.

"Again, why are you not using your crutches, Carebear?" I asked, frowning and crossing my arms over my chest.

She gave me an innocent look as she replied, "Well, the answer is obvious isn't it? I can't carry food and use crutches at the same time." I raised an eyebrow at her.

Technically, what she said was true. "You know, you could have just asked one of us to bring you some food," I said, gaining the upper hand again.

She grinned and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "Yeah, but I didn't. What're you gonna' do about it?" Okay, now she was just teasing me! Well, two could play this game!

"This," I said and before she could back up, I scooped her up in my arms, food and all. She shrieked and dropped a couple of granola bars when she attempted to kick me.

"Niall! Put me down! Put me down right now!" She yelled.

I just laughed and headed for the stairs. As I passed the living room,

Louis looked up in shock, eyeing Carrie in my arms.

"You need any help, Nialler?" He asked, smirking at Carrie, who just glared at him in response.

I just laughed and replied, "Nah, I got this."

************************

Author's Note: Hey y'all! Again, sorry for the long wait! I hope y'all like this chapter! I had a ton of fun writing it! And, I've got an announcement to make.

I'm currently in the process of writing a new story. I'll post it when I'm completely done writing it. Which should be around when the new school year starts, give or take, a few weeks.

So, please read, comment, vote, and follow me! And comment and let me know if you'll be reading my new story! It'll be a One Direction fanfiction.

Peace Out!