Chapter 5

"Little Things" Chapter 5

Carrie's POV

I woke up later that day, and found myself slightly dissapointed when I saw that Louis wasn't there. He must have decided to leave. Maybe I was just too much trouble for him and he just didn't want to deal with me. I almost started bawling right then and there at the thought of him not wanting to see me.

Then I noticed that I wasn't the only one in the room. Liam was sitting in the chair beside the window, sound asleep, and completely oblivious to the world around him. Thankfully, I didn't freak out that The Liam Payne was in my hospital room.

I was very thirsty, and my throat was really dry, so I looked around me for something to drink. To my immense irritation, I saw that there was nothing to drink in this cursed hospital room. Well, actually, Liam had a cup of what looked like tea sitting right next to him, but I was pretty sure that that wasn't for me. Not that I could reach it, anyway.

I looked up sharply, when the door opened. I felt my eyes widen when I saw who it was. Harry. Harry Styles. He came in, juggling five cups of what looked like steaming hot tea. Man, I sure hoped that one of those was for me! He glanced over towards my bed as he walked in, clearly surprised when he realized that I was awake.

He grinned at me, when he noticed that I was awake. "Hey, love! You're awake!" He set the cups down on the desk near the window.

I felt a smart ass response coming on. "Yeah, thanks, for telling me something I already know! Now, tell me something I don't know!" I said dryly, grinning mischeviously. He looked taken aback for a moment, but then bursted out laughing.

Liam woke up with a start. He frowned dissaprovingly at Harry, and said, "Haz, you're going to wake h- oh your already awake! Hi!" I rolled my eyes in his direction.

"Yes, I know I'm awake. We've already been over this. Keep up." I snapped my fingers at

him, laughing. Harry started laughing again, and Liam chuckled.

"Damn, looks like we've got a bit of a smart ass in the house," a voice said from the doorway. Louis was leaning against the doorframe, and Zayn and Niall were behind him, their arms loaded down with what looked like all the food from the vending machines. They all trooped in then, and situated themselves in various places around the dreary hospital room.

Liam stayed in his chair, Louis sat on the edge of my bed along with Niall. Zayn and Harry sat in the two remaining chairs. I actually felt kind of boxed in, with Niall on my right side, and Louis on my left side. But, hey, I wasn't complaining!

There was an akward silence then. To fill the silence, I said, "I sure hope one of those drinks is for me!" Liam chuckled and got up, handing me a cup of the steaming hot tea. I blew on it lightly, and took a sip.

"Mmm this is great," I said to no one in particular. I shifted slightly, then winced at the almost instantanious pain that flared up in my ribs.

Louis scooted closer and threw his arm around my shoulder, and asked, " Are you okay, love? How're you feeling?" His voice held only gentle concern for my well being. It was kind of adorable actually.

I gave him what I sincerly hoped was a reasurring smile, and said, "I feel fine, thank you," he raised his eyebrow, and I knew he didn't believe my obvious lie. I quickly added, "It only hurts a little if I move. It's not really that bad." I gave him another reassuring smile. I felt him relax a little bit, but I could tell that he still didn't really believe me. Oh well. He kept his arm around my shoulder, though, and I decided that I was okay with it.