Chapter 18

"Little Things" Chapter 18

Niall's POV

So, it appeared that Carrie knew nothing about me kissing her the other night. Either that, or she was an extremely brilliant actress. Which I highly doubted, considering that she was an absolutely atrocious liar!

Anyways, we'd been here for almost a week now, and I knew that Carrie really wanted to go sight-seeing, but much to her chagrin, we were waiting until her leg was completely healed. Meaning no crutches needed. And we were all keeping an eye on her now, making sure that she was using her crutches at all times. Which she absolutely hated with a passion. But, she only needed to use the crutches for another two weeks, and then she'd be off the hook!

Currently, the boys and I were downstairs; all of us were making an attempt at making supper together. We were making our own pizza. Not one of those frozen pizzas that you stick in the oven. Needless to say, we weren't making much progress. Harry and Louis couldn't stop arguing over what toppings to put on it, and how much.

I raised my voice, struggling to be heard. "Guys! Why don't we just ask Carrie what HER favorite toppings are?" I said/yelled. Surprisingly, they all stopped what they were doing and actually paid attention to me. Shocker.

Liam nodded and replied, "That's a great idea, Nialler. Besides, she hasn't been eating as much lately. Maybe we can actually get her to eat a healthy serving tonight."

Zayn looked up and grinned, "Aw, LiLi's getting all technical on us now!" That earned a collective laugh from all of us.

But, inside, we were all worried about Carrie. Especially me. I mean, I just felt as though the two of us had really bonded since we first met. And I really did fancy her. I just hadn't figured out how to approach the topic with her.

Lately, she just seemed really sad. Depressed almost. At first, I just figured that she was having a hard time adjusting to London, but after a while, I realized that it had to be something more than that. She didn't seem like the type of girl to sulk over something like that.

It was then that I noticed that I was getting strange looks from the lads. "What?" I asked giving them all a look that must have closely resembled WTF.

"Mate, you sure were zoned out there for a moment. What's going on in that head of yours?" Louis asked, a serious expression on his face.

I sighed and gave him an honest answer. "I'm just really worried about Carrie. She seems so down lately. And she's hardly eaten anything," I said, my shoulders slumping.

Louis walked over and clapped me on the shoulder. "Go talk to her. She responds best to you. And be prepared to listen. She probably has a lot of stuff she just needs to get off her chest. She may not want comfort. She may just need someone to listen to her," He said, giving me a small smile.

I just nodded and gave him a small grateful smile in return. He always knew just what to do in situations like this. Not that I couldn't have figured that out for myself if I'd really tried. Which I was ashamed to admit that I hadn't.

As I was heading up the stairs, I distinctly heard Harry shout, "Don't forget to ask her about her favorite pizza toppings!" I just shook my head, laughing to myself.

When I reached her shut door, I knocked quietly. She'd been spending the vast majority of her time in her room over the past week. Secluding herself from us.

"Yeah?" I heard her call from somewhere within the depths of her room. I wondered what she was doing.

"It's me. Can I come in?" I asked, raising my voice slightly to be absolutely certain that she heard me.