Chapter 23

Carrie,'s POV

I went quietly with him. I didn't struggle or make any attempt to get away. And I didn't speak. On the outside, it must have looked like I was turning into ice. But, on the inside I was breaking.

I had no fantasy where I would get out of this and have a happily ever after. I knew Trey would take me to my father. My own worst nightmare. What I wasn't sure about was what would happen then.

What did my father want from me other than the obvious, which was to make sure that I was never allowed to be happy. Did he want something else from me? Did he plan on keeping me with him, or did he plan on killing me right away? Either way, I knew that I wasn't going to survive this.

But none of that mattered. As long as the boys were safe, and out of harms' way, I knew that I could take whatever my father dished out. I didn't care what happened to me. I was expendable. The boys were not. Millions of people looked up to them and loved them. Millions of people would be hurt if something should happen to them. I couldn't let that happen. And if I had to sacrifice my own well being to accomplish that, than so be it. Whatever the price was that I had to pay, I would do it.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

But, the thought of the hurt look on Niall's face when he realized that I was gone, kept creeping into my head. It broke my heart knowing how badly this would hurt him. I only hoped that in time, he would forget about me and find someone else that would be able to make him happy. I couldn't think of a single girl that would say no to his awkward, yet charming self.

Tears brimmed at the corners of my eyes as I thought of all that Niall had done for me. And how much he meant to me. My dear, sweet, wonderful Niall.

I snapped back to attention when Trey pulled the car to an abrupt halt. I felt myself start to shake as he put the car in park and turned off the ignition. I knew what that meant.

I looked out the window, starting to shake when I realized where we were. I should have known. We were at Trey's house.

I couldn't help the little whimper that managed to escape my lips when Trey pinched my cheek and laughed at me.

"Aw, is wittle Cawwie scared?" He asked, that awful sneer on his face.

I yanked my head away from him, refusing to answer him. I was determined not to let him see just how scared I was. I couldn't let him know that the terror that I felt now - I felt it in my bones.

So, I dried up my tears, and I took the first step. I was going to do this on my own terms.

I opened the car door and stepped out onto the unforgiving pavement. I looked back over my shoulder at Trey, who was just now getting out of the car. He wasn't looking at me now.

If I wanted to, I could run now, and most likely get away. Trey wasn't a very fast runner. I could make it if I chose to make a run for it now.

But, even as Trey turned around and started walking around the car towards me - and the moment was lost - I knew deep in my heart that I would never do that. I would never do anything that would risk the boys' safety.

"Oooh, it looks like little Carrie's starting to develop a backbone, " Trey laughed as he sauntered up to me. I resisted the urge to slap him, and instead decided that it would be safer to just ignore him.

He scowled when he didn't get the reaction out of me that he wanted. He grabbed my arm, hard enough to leave bruises later, and proceeded to drag me into the house. He acted like he expected me to resist, but was surprised when I didn't.

But, I couldn't help that I started to shake when I saw my father waiting for us just inside the now own doorway. Trey obviously noticed it, because that ridiculous little smirk was once again sitting on his face.

Trey released me as soon as we were both over the threshold. He slammed the door shut and locked it. I was trapped now, and even if I had planned on escaping before, that would be impossible now.

So, as my father walked slowly towards me, looking me up and down in that sick way of his, I straightened my shoulders and looked him right in the eyes, focusing all my might on keeping a straight face, and showing him absolutely no fear.

I wasn't the same, weak little girl that he used to manipulate so easily. I was stronger now, and much more confident in myself. As a person, I had become much stronger in these past few months.

He came over to me and placed his hands on my shoulders, and to my credit, I didn't flinch or make a sound. I just kept all the happy thoughts of the boys and I together in my mind. My dad may be able to break me physically, but he would never be able to break me mentally. As long as I kept all the happy thoughts in my head, I would be fine. Everything would be okay.

His breath stank of bear as he leaned down to speak to me. "You're home now, sweet Carrie. And no one is ever going to take you away from me again," he whispered.

"We'll be together forever. Just you and I."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Author's Note : So this is chapter 23. I really hope y'all like it. I'm sorry it's so short. I promise I'll get to the good stuff soon. Anyways, please vote, comment, follow me. You can also follow me on Twitter @SuperrrNova96. I promise I don't bite.

Love y'all! ♡♡♡