Chapter 19

"Little Things" Chapter 19

Carrie's POV

So, I was finally allowed to walk without my crutches! Yay! It's celebration time, come on! I just hated using them because it meant I had to depend on other people for help with certain things, which I hated. Plus, I was practically defenseless while using them. Unless, of course, I decided to attempt attacking someone with them. Not a bad idea, actually.

Anyways, today Niall had offered to take me sight-seeing! We were going to go and see the London Eye, and the Tate Modern, which is Britain's national museum of modern and contemporary art. We were planning on having lunch at one of the restaurants at the Tate Modern, which according to Niall, would offer a spectacular view of the city.

I was so excited! I loved going to art museums! They gave me so much inspiration for my own artwork. It was my dream to one day have my art in a museum.

Though I was pretty nervous about being alone with Niall for the whole day. I still wasn't sure whether or not this excursion would be considered a date. Would Niall consider it a date? I just didn't know.

I'd known for a while now that my feelings for Niall went way past the friend stage. I'd catch myself just randomly zoning out, his face omnipresent in my mind.

I loved being around him. He made me feel so safe and secure, and he was so funny and adorable. We were content to just sit in silence. And it wasn't awkward silence. We didn't feel the need to always find something to talk about. It was comfortable just knowing that he was there for me.

Needless to say, I had a huge crush on him. Or, as British people would say, I fancied him. There was simply no denying it anymore.

But, I wasn't sure if he felt the same way about me. I mean, he's been incredibly nice to me, and seems to really like being around me; but just because a guy likes being around you, doesn't necessarily mean that he likes you as anything more than a friend.

At the moment, I was currently rifling through my closet, trying to figure out what to wear. Seeing as I wasn't sure whether or not this was technically a date, I decided to dress casual, but not too casual. Makes sense right? No? Oh well.

I decided on a bright red shirt that went down to my waist, with sleeves that went down to my elbow. I paired it with a pair of black skinny jeans and with minimal difficulty, managed to tug on a pair of black boots, with no heels. I don't care who you are, or how important you are; I'm not going to wear heels. High heels are just mid-evil torture devices!

After that, I headed into my bathroom and pulled out my curling iron. I curled just the ends of my hair and pulled it up into a high ponytail, leaving two thick curled strands on either side of my face.

I really detested using makeup, so I just used a little bit of mascara and a light lipgloss, and that was it. I was ready to go!

I quietly opened my door and headed downstairs, wondering if Niall was ready yet. Oh God, what if he didn't consider this a date, and thought I was too dressed up? What if he thought I looked silly?

I had almost decided to just go back upstairs and change into jeans and a t-shirt, but then Niall popped his head around the corner of the staircase and grinned at me.

"You look absolutely beautiful, Carebear," He said, causing me to blush big time. As I stammered out a thank you, he said, "You ready to go?"

I just nodded and we left the house together. As he lead me to his car, I couldn't help noticing that his hand was on my back, as though he was guiding me. Damn, his hand sure was warm, I thought. I liked the feeling of it. I blushed again at the thought.