Epilogue

Niall's POV

   Today, Carrie would finally be getting out of the hospital. Again. She wasn't anywhere near fully recovered yet, but she was defenintly on the mend. We found out that she had eight broken ribs, one broken leg, broken ankle, both her wrists were fractured in multiple places, and she had permanent scarring on her back and stomach from all the torture that they had subjected her to.

   But, Carrie was happier than ever. Apparently her father had told her that we had all died, and to have that proven wrong must have been the best feeling ever for her. I had never seen her smile as much as she did whenever any of us walked into her hospital room. And I liked to think that I could see a special twinkle in her eye whenever she saw me in particular....wink...wink.

   Speaking of, I walked into the hospital room, holding a boque of flowers in one hand and something else in the other hand that was currently behind my back. Carrie looked up from the book that she had been so focused on and a smile spread across her cheeks as she noticed that I was there.

   "Hey, sweetie," I said, holding the flowers out to her outstretched hands. I carefully handed them to her, trying to be as gentle with her injured wrists as possible. She smiled sweetly and smelled them, her smile perhaps getting even wider if that was at all possible.

   "These are wonderful! Thanks Niall," she said, handing them back to me so I could put them in a vase for her. I brought her flowers almost every day, just because I felt like she deserved them. I would never agin take a single day for granted with her. I was going to make everyday a special day with her. 

  She narrowed her eyes as she spied the hand that was hiding behind my back. "What's that?" she asked, looking both curious and wary at the same time. I guess that's just how people get when they hang out with us five pranksters. She was learning well.

  I sat down next to her and placed the present in her lap, and watched as her eyes widened in amazement as she gazed at it.

   "Did you draw all of this?" she asked, tracing her fingers over the cover of the sketchbook the boys and I had bought for her.

   I shook my head and replied, "No, we all did. The boys and I. We wanted to do something special for you. Something that no one else would think to do." I watched as she looked at each and every silly drawing that covered the sketchbook. Though, you could definently tell that Zayn was the only other artist among us. His looked pretty damn cool, while the rest were just really stupid, I had to admit. I had been quite nervous to give this to her, in fear that she would take one look at our crappy drawings and think it was ridiculous.

   But, apparently I had no reason at all to worry. She really loved it and for a while we both just sat there, laughing over all the silly and funny pictures and designs.

   Then, out of the blue, Carrie leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I grinned and felt a blush cover my cheeks.

   "What was that for, cutie?" I asked, smiling down at her small frame.

   "Because I love you," she replied, and it was my turn to be surprised. I couldn't belive my own ears! Had Carrie really just said that? Was I all of a sudden becoming delusional or something?

   "Is this a dream?" I stupidly blurted out before I could really even think about what I was saying. She just laughed, her laughter filling the room and making my insides melt.

   "No, dummy, this isn't a dream! I reallly do love you!" she said, poking me in the side like a little child might do. I felt myself grinning like a crazy person as I connected my lips with hers, feeling perfectly at peace. I pulled apart just long enough to reply.