Ch 14, Diagonally!

After settling to a comfortable routine of; waking up to a feast prepared by the elves, leaving Rose to get Hadrian ready for the day, looking over the investments and accounts in the study till lunch, spending time with Hadrian until Dinner, putting him to bed by reading or singing (whatever he wishes for at that moment) and then reading the coursework I set out for me till midnight. Waking up and doing it all again, three weeks go by.

So, that Tuesday morning, I decide to head to Gringotts for the meeting I set up the night before.

-last night, after putting Hadrian to sleep-

Master Gornuk

I would like to request a meeting as early as possible, for the discussion of the accounts' ownership of my ward, Hadrian. With appropriate documentation, I would like to proceed with the claim.

May your gold forever flow,

Isis Evelyn Rosier

Lady Rosier-Fawley-LeFay-Emrys-Hufflepuff

It did not even take him long to set up the meeting for the next morning. I instruct Rose to look after Hadrian well, and if there is something wrong, to get me immediately. I say bye to Hadrian and go to the massive Floo in the living room, to head to the Leaky.

~Diagon Alley~

I set towards Gringotts and am lead towards Gornuk's office, as usual. As I enter, I can see he is frantically busy with...something.

"Gornuk." I greet as I enter. "Is something the matter?"

"Ah... Lady Rosier. I have prepared the documents you had requested. These are just Ministry Owls, proclaiming your adoption to be false. Nothing to worry about. Gringotts, has it handled." He answers after burning the parchments in front of him. Which were the Ministry's, I presume. And a lot at that.

"There should be no loopholes, I hope."

He looks a little offended at my doubt, "We take our work very seriously, Lady Rosier. The adoption is already done in blood. There is nothing anyone can do about it but moan." He gives me razor-sharp smile at that.

"Very well. Now, about Hadrian's accounts. How much say do I have over them?" I ask carefully, knowing it could sound selfish.

He takes a moment and then explains. "The accounts will be closed for use to you as he is just blood adopted and you're not a listed guardian. But...until the heir turns 11, you have a say for his votes in the Wizengamot as his Proxy. All the votes made will be later viewed by the heir when he's of age."

"And what about the property access?"

"You can be given access. If you go with him, it should not be that difficult." Umm... Should!?

Leaving that thought aside to mull over later, for now, I sign the proper documentation for assigning of proxy and get the Reagent Rings for Hadrian's Houses. As the meeting took less than an hour, I decide to look around the Alleys for a while. Might as well pick up some things for Hadrian.

I get out of Gringotts and make my way to Crystal Alley. As I enter, I can see this alley is mainly for shopping purposes. There are Clothing Shops, Jewelers and Antique Shops too. Moving a little way in, I see a shop for Kids. I should pick up some magical toys too... thinking that, I enter.

The space seems to be enlarged with magic from the inside, as it is a huge hall with categories of all the necessities for babies aging 0-11. Must be made for kids before Hogwarts. I move towards the Toy section, as I already bought a lot of clothes. There is a Potions tool kit for kids that I buy, a Toy Broom, some children friendly plants for Herbology practice and a prototype Toy Wand that casts only Lumos and Nox.

When I wander a little more, I come upon this cute Snake Plushie, that is a beautiful green. And when activated, MOVES! I have to get that! As I move to get it, there is another hand reaching too...!! In haste, I just grab the women's hand instead. This is going to be awkward...