Ch 22, So Different!

Recap-

Basically, as Emrys is the higher-ranking title - it would mean that the Malfoy family is now a branch family of the Emrys House.

Well, I'll be damned...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With the heavy topics done and after completing the oath (with 'I'll be honored' and 'no, I'm honored' passing through) we move to discuss my introduction to the Wizengamot.

Lucius explains, "In every start of a session there is a brief moment given to everyone to discuss any topic other than the ones mentioned prior to the session. I will use that moment to introduce you. After taking your mantle, you can choose to say a few lines or not."

I nod along. " I know the procedure to take the seats and I would have to say a few words as I want to move my seats from where they are at the moment."

"If I may ask..." At my nod, Lucius hesitantly asks, "How many seats will you take...?"

Time to drop the bomb, "Just all under my name and some of my son's Proxies. So namely; Rosier, Fawley, LeFay, Emrys, Hufflepuff, Peverell, Sayre, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw." I'll leave Potter, Black and Slytherin for now.

Lucius looks so surprised, I wanna laugh! But I won't! Not right now.

"So you alone would have majority votes? And what faction are you thinking of joining?" He asks hesitantly, dreading and anticipating my answer in equal measure.

"Well, I can't change the Founder Houses' because they have no faction, but other than that I'll place most of them in the Grey Faction." His eyes widen drastically at the calculations he does in his head. I hide a smirk as I sip my tea.

He leans back in his seat and asks, "Then that would mean the Chief Warlock position would change. Would you take the seat or just vote for someone?" oh Lucius, I can see your greed~

I think on it a little. It would be troublesome to get in a higher position. I mean, I already have a lot on my plate, what with the horcruxes and Hade and Dumbledore. "I don't think it would do any good if I take the position. Since, I'm new, most would not view it in a good way if I covet a higher position on my first day."

"Wise decision, Lady Emrys. If you do propose for someone else, I would advice Jamison Greengrass as a suitable candidate."

"Why if I may ask? And please call me Isis, considering our friendly relationship moving forward." I give a soft smile to him.

He returns it with permission to call him by his name too, and explains, "He is competent in various ways, but the main reason I say he will be a good choice is that his standing among families is purely neutral. If chosen there would be less of a backlash from the other factions compared to choosing someone else. And he will be fair. It is well known among our circles that he is not someone that can be swayed easily, if ever."

"Aah...That's why you didn't say your name, right Lucius?" I give him a teasing smirk.

He huffs out a laugh at that and after a beat say, "...Partly, yes." Is it just me or is THE Lucius Malfoy embarrassed! He IS really different from what is known in the franchise...

After that our talks mostly consisted of how Narcissa was doing, and bickering about whose son had started to do what first (Simply bragging I say). Seeing it was well after 4 in the evening, we decided to part ways with a promise from me to write to Narcissa and schedule another playdate. But, on one condition- that he attends too.

...........................

On my way back I go to Muggle London to pick up some McDonald's for me and Hade. I know I know, he won't eat, BUT he CAN taste. And that's what's important. Hmph!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it will be obvious, but many of the characters are going to be very different. As this IS a FanFic, i am taking full liberty. Enjoy!(★^ε^★)

-Author