Ch 19, End of Tea Time

With a small huff and a smile, I move into the room and join Narcissa by the sitting area. She sits on the lone chair so I take the loveseat. After I sit, Narcissa let's the boys play on their own and turns towards me. She assesses me from top to bottom and then asks, "...Everything alright?"

I run the story I'm going to tell in my head and answer her, "It seemed to be a cursed object. The kids must have activated it somehow. But I took care of it."

She releases a sigh of relief. In a few seconds I add, "I had to destroy it, but don't worry, the furniture was not damaged in any way." I smirk a little at that. "So, it's well and truly taken care of."

"Thank you for that. And I apologize for this incident...I invited you but put your son's life in danger." I watch her with a stoic expression for a while. She seems really worried and sincere so I decide to use that vulnerability and ask a few questions.

"...It's alright Narcissa. It wasn't your fault. And besides, both the boys were in danger." She looks over at them. "How did it happen though? Surely a place with dangerous objects would be locked, especially against children?"

She frowns while answering, "I'm not sure..."

"What kind of place was it anyway? It looked like someone's study...perhaps Lucius's?" I probe a little.

She looks a little startled, by the way her face turns guarded, "It's something of an antique room. Malfoy Family's many generations place one or two things there for future generations. It should have protections, but they seemed to have faded over time" Hmm...quick thinking Lady Malfoy. With that probing ending with no satisfied answers, I let it go for now.

"With the way it went today, would you like me to suggest someone to look over the protections? Especially with a curious kid in the Manor, it would be good to be prepared."

"...Someone?" She seems skeptical, and rightfully so. Letting an unknown person inside an ancestral home is anybody's nightmare.

"It would be a Gringotts employee, so confidentiality will be guaranteed. And someone who is working the protection at one of my familial properties too... But only if you'd agree." I assure her. Don't you people think I'm doing this for information. It IS really for safety...and it hurts nobody to get brownie points. Especially with the Malfoys.

She seems reassured enough with that. "A Gringotts employee would be a good choice. I'll have to ask Lucius."

"Of course. Let me know then, if I could be of assistance."

After that done, I turn to the boys and call Hade to check if he is really okay. He perks up after seeing me and waddles over. As soon as he's within arm reach, I grab him and put him on my lap facing me. I say 'show' and take his hands and check. Then I subtly move him away from Narcissa's view and check his scar. It doesn't seem to swell or bleed like it showed in the movies. So the Horcrux really didn't affect him. Thank Merlin he's not hurt then. I'll have to ask Gornuk about it more. Maybe if we can move it somewhere else...? But! That's for later.

I let Hade down and he runs towards where Draco is. Me and Narcissa return to our previous talks, as if nothing happened. Soon enough, she mentions my titles, "Have you thought of presenting in Wizengamot and taking your seats? The coming session would be ideal for registering of new seats." She is more than eager with the prospect of making an acquaintance with someone powerful. And that is when she only knows half of the titles. Wait till she knows the proxies. *Insert evil laugh*

"Yes, it would be ideal. But I have no way of knowing the procedure leading up to it. You very well know I would need an already seated Lord to Present me to the Wizengamot." Hook...

She contemplates that for a while, "Ahh yes...If you would like...I could discuss it with Lucius and you could meet... He has a Seat and a social standing to present a new Lord or Lady."

"I have heard of Lord Malfoy. And I would admit, it would be preferable to be introduced by someone I have an acquaintance with rather than a stranger." Line...

She seems to practically jump at the chance. "I would convince him then. And don't worry about the procedures Isis, Lucius will handle them. Between you and me, the Minister is of weak ear and prone to pressure."

"Thank you, Narcissa. Please do so then." And Sinker...!

With this, my entrance to the Wizarding Society is set to be Wonderful! ...Or maybe a tad bit Shocking to some people. Not my problem!

I have decided to take my official seats as well as Hadrian proxies, except the Potter and Black seats. Nothing will be lost with them and I can avoid obvious suspicion. With the defeat of The Dark Lord still fresh, it would raise questions to have proxies of the Houses of the Boy-Who-Lived.

As soon as it begins to turn 6, we decide to end our tea time (admittingly very incidental for a 'tea time'), and the boys were getting sleepy either way. The both of them sat while swaying a little with barely their eyes open. Narcissa offers the use of her Floo to return home, so I take her up on that. I pick Hadrian up and pat him a little to wake him up, in case he gets nauseous during Floo Travel. Narcissa walks us towards the Floo and we say our pleasantries. With a promise of keeping in touch through letters, I leave through the Floo with a "Hufflepuff Cottage". Not shouting it obviously. It works perfectly fine by saying it too.