Ch 24, With Great Power Comes Great Power

See end for notes.

.........................................................................................

By the time I am done saying my names, all the designated seats light up and after a while they shine with the family crests at their backs. A combined seat forms at the topmost floor, a good way away from the rest of the seats in the Grey section of the Hall. Making my way up to the topmost floor, I sit on the, in my opinion, over the top seat decorated like a throne with all the houses' crests except the proxies on the back of it.

Everyone watched with bated breath as I take my seat. It is only afterwards, that I notice they all were standing and only sat when I did(which irked Dumbles but who are we to complain).

Dumbledore moves to start the session as the Chief Warlock, but before he can even utter a word, he is interrupted. It is surprisingly Amelia Bones, sitting in the House of Bones Wizengamot seat, "With the new change in seating, I think it is apparent a change in the Chief Warlock's position is in order." She pointedly looks at Dumbledore, probably noticing how he was going to proceed without acknowledging it.

Dumbledore forces out a 'Certainly' and then addresses the Hall, "As with the most seats is the Grey Faction, someone from there should be the one to be appointed. Ones who are interested for the position please step forward and we'll start the voting."

At that moment, almost everyone around me that is seated at the Grey Faction turns to me. Expecting this response because of the prior talk with Lucius, I stand and confidently vote for Jamison Greengrass.

Everyone is clearly surprised by my choice and decision of not taking the seat myself. But seconds later, Jamison stands after bowing to me and the voting starts. Almost all from the Grey faction vote, and majority from the Dark faction votes too(with no doubt Lucius' help). And counting this, by a clear majority the Chief Warlock is changed to Jamison Greengrass. Jamison goes to take the seat as Dumbledore steps down.

Though not too obvious for anyone who is not looking specifically at him, Dumbledore's eyes are filled with something akin to rage. Well, that's one title away from Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. Man that's a mouthful!

Without any further changes to acknowledge, the session continued. Most of the bills read were proposed by the Light Faction aka Dumbledore. But as the majority of the votes were with the Gray Faction, who were not stupid(thankfully) voted against them, and the Dark Faction just voted against them in spite. So, none, if a few passed.

If not noticed or read carefully, they were sugar coated onions. On the surface, they talked about integrating muggleborns better to Hogwarts, but between the lines they banned the Pagan Holidays and their practices. And this was just one bill.

All in all, though boring, it was worth seeing the gradually growing angry expression of Dumbledore after every single one of his bills were rejected.

-few hours later-

Finally, the session was completed. And as soon as it did, I was thwarted by the many intrigued Lords and Ladies of the Grey and the Dark faction. But the most prominent and the one I wanted to meet was Augusta Longbottom, the Acting Head of the Longbottom family. Also, surprisingly the only 'light' family from the series that is a part of the Grey Faction here.

All the others I talked to received only clipped responses and a fierce wall on personal questions, but with Madam Longbottom, I wanted to hopefully set a play date for Hadrian and Neville. Just because I can't reveal my son is actually Harry Potter, doesn't mean he doesn't get to meet his God brother.

After just a few probes from her and a little hint of having a son around two from me, a play date was set at the Malfoy Manor to two days from now.

I know what you're thinking, how come Malfoy Manor? But apparently, Neville and Draco already are friends and often are at each other's house for play dates. As we know every pureblood family is related in some way, it was not THAT much of a shock. And we have already established that this hp verse is quiet different from the canon one.

With a goodbye to Madame Longbottom, I move towards Lucius who guides me out the Hall. On our way to the Atrium to Floo travel back, we small talk and plan to catch up later.

I Floo travel back home(didn't know I'd think that so soon here), excited to see Hadrian and spend time with him hopefully, for the next two days without interruption.

-at Hufflepuff Cottage-

As it is already evening, I'm expecting Hadrian to be taking his day nap. Entering through the hall, I make my way upstairs to Hadrian's room, where he is, as expected, sleeping away in his cot. Safety bubble and all. I caress his chubby cheeks and recharge myself by looking at his peaceful face for a while.

It is at this moment I realize, how much this little one means to me in just a span of a few weeks. I'm not his anything (I was not even a mother before), but looking at him, I KNOW, that I'll burn the world for him if only he wanted to see how it looked...

With a satisfying end to a satisfying day, I go to freshen up before heading to bed. How about when all the boys are with Narcissa I start that Horcrux hunting I'm dreading...

..................................................................................

For some time, I will not be writing the next chapters as I have Buttload of assignments to finish. There is just one more chapter after this in my draft that I will publish later, and hopefully by the time I have to post another, I will be free.
So please be patient and...Enjoy!