TEXTS

🔵: Bodhi     🟣: Periwinkle     🔴:Holden     🟢: Jake     🟡: Ashley

(The day after.) 🕛

🔵Periwinkle, I am so unbelievably sorry. You were right. I was drunk, and I was upset that you didn't come out to be with me. I was an idiot. I was stupid. But I didn't make a sober mistake. You were wrong about that.  I care about you so much. If I could take it back, I would. I never meant to hurt you.

🟣I told you don't call me Periwinkle. My best friend Bodhizafa called me that. My best friend Bodhizafa would never have done something to hurt me as badly as you did. You say you never meant to hurt me, but you never meant to get caught! 

🔵Come on. It's still me. I was your best friend? 

🟣Of course you were... were my best friend. I have never felt closer to anyone than I have to you. I wouldn't have talked about The Three Musketeers with just anyone. I wished there were five so I could have been part of your group.

🔵You will always be my Constance Bonacieux. 

🟣Are you trying to make me cry more than I already have? 

🔵All I have ever wanted was to be your D'Artagnan. 

🟣Then why did you do it?

🔵I told you I had too much to drink. I was selfish. I was an idiot! I was only thinking of me. I don't even have feelings for her. 

🟣Not that. The dance in my room. I looked into your eyes, and I thought I saw something. I thought there was some emotional connection. You held me. I never felt so special.

🔵There was. There is. I do have feelings for you. I have for a long time. You are special. I would give anything to hold you in my arms again.

 🟣You almost kissed me! At least, that's what I thought you were going to do. Was I misreading things? Did you want to kiss me? Is that what you were going to say? Can I kiss you? WHY DIDN'T YOU KISS ME? You want to be my D'Artagnan, so why didn't you take me in your arms and kiss me?

🔵Would you have wanted me to?

🟣It really doesn't matter now.

🔵What does that mean?

🟣It means that if you were going to kiss me, that makes what you did with Katie even worse. You say you had these feelings for me, and you've had them for a long time. Well, you sure moved on for someone who had these feelings for a long time. You're begging me to come outside to be with you, and two hours later, you're getting sucked off! You know I feel sorry for Katie. You used her. I'm sure you hurt her too. What kind of person are you? I don't want to be with whoever you were last night.

(Three dots dancing.....stop......... radio silence)

🟣 What no weak explanation? Excuses don't explain, and explanations don't excuse. Do you know why I was in the basement in the first place? Do you know why I didn't come out right away?

🔵No. I don't. I never thought about it.

🟣I fell asleep listening to that stupid song on repeat. I listened to the words. I put them into perspective from a loving perspective. It was beautiful to think that love might exist in the world. I fell asleep thinking about your hand on my cheek. I fell asleep thinking of your eyes looking through me straight to my soul. I fell asleep believing that kind of love may find me someday.

🔵It does. It will. Give me a chance to show you. Let me look into your eyes again. I love your eyes, Periwinkle. I always have.

🟣It's just a crush. We both had an adolescent crush. A crush is defined as a brief but intense infatuation for someone, especially for someone unattainable or inappropriate. That is a pretty good way to describe what was happening between us.