GRADUATION

The plane ride was long and nerve-wracking. Bodhi knew that Holden didn't want him at Perri's graduation, but there was no way he was going to miss seeing her. She told him they needed to talk. He was willing to eat his balls if he had to in order to see her. 

When he finally got to baggage claim, he saw Lewis. He had reluctantly agreed to pick him up.

"Hey. Bodhi," Lewis said, smacking their hands together.

"Hey. Thanks for coming to get me."

"If anyone asks, you took an Uber. Holden will cut my dick off if he knew I was doing this. You really fucked up this time," Lewis said, unlocking his car.

"It's not what you think."

"Bodhi, over three million people have watched that video," Lewis said, pulling out of the airport.

"Please don't remind me." He was looking out the window. He missed home. Even though it was almost January, it was warm and sunny outside. England was very rarely sunny. "Can we talk about something else? Anything else? What's new with you?"

Lewis smiled. "I got myself a beautiful girl."

"No shit. Congratulations man. Who is it? Do I know her?"

" Yeah. You do. All of us do."

"Oh, Christ. Please tell me it's not Katie."

Lewis laughed. "It's not Katie."

"Well, don't keep in suspense. Tell me."

"Ashley."

"Ashley! Dude! How did you land Ashley? I never in a million years would have guessed Ashley. She's way too good for you," Bodhi said.

"You're right. You're absolutely right. I am beyond lucky. And guess what?"

"I don't know. But I am sure you're going to tell me."

"We haven't even slept together yet. Isn't that great," Lewis said, smiling.

Bodhi turned in his seat and looked at him. "What am I missing?"

"I really like her. She's got my heart. I am smitten. I've never felt this way for anyone. I want to do this right. I will wait till she tells me she's ready."

"I'm happy for you. For you both. Real love is fucking amazing. It's the best feeling there is."

"Then why did you fuck it up?"

Bodhi wanted to tell him the truth. He wanted everyone to know the truth. But who was going to believe him? Janessa was right. Plus, he knew the fewer people who knew about the drugs, the better. And he couldn't prove it. It would just be a he said, she said situation. He didn't see any way out of it. Now, here he was, four hours from seeing his Periwinkle. She would love him till she walked off that clinic's campus, and then she was going to find out about him and Janessa. 

"It's complicated. I didn't mean for it to happen."

"But it did," Lewis said. 

"She's going to find out, and it's going to destroy her. I'm going to lose her forever. I had so many plans for us. I've been planning a life with her since I was sixteen. Just waiting for her to be ready."

"Man plans. God laughs. You just have to let life happen. Try the best you can to live the life you want, but there is a hundred percent chance it's not going to be what you expected."

"When did you get all philosophical?" Bodhi asked.

"I eat a lot of fortune cookies."

"She's going to hate me, Lewis. She's going to fucking hate."