DIGITAL

They arrived at a high-end nightclub called Digital.

"I really don't feel like dancing, Janessa."

"Look, Bodhi, you need to show that you are becoming part of this city. You need to be seen enjoying what Tyne has to offer! This is your career we are talking about. Trust me, I am your Public Relations manager, and you need to do this. So, get out of the damn car and look like you aren't being held hostage by Newcastle. Now be a gentleman and come open my door and help me out."

He took a deep breath and let out a long, drawn-out sigh. "Fine. But I am doing this out of great protest."

As soon as he stepped out of the car, the flashes started. The paparazzi were relentless. Fuck. This is not good. There are going to be a hundred fucking photos. God, I hope Americans have absolutely no interest in English basketball or its players.

He went around to the other side of the car and did just as he was told. Instantly, there were twice the number of flashes. Janessa knew what to do. She put her long, high-heeled leg out of the door and left it there for a good five seconds. She slowly lifted herself out of the car and "stumbled" into Bodhi's arms. She looked up at him again, holding it for five seconds. 

"Smile. You look miserable, and that is the last thing your fans want to see." She straightened herself up, hooked her arm in his, and they walked up to the door.

"Bodhi! Bodhi! How do you like playing for the Eagles?" someone shouted.

Janessa elbowed him in the side. "I love it! It's been the greatest experience of my life. There is nothing better!" Except for making love to the love of my life.

Janessa smiled. "Best answer ever." She smiled wide.

"Who are you with? Is that your girlfriend? Are you no longer the most eligible bachelor in England?" a female voice asked.

He didn't answer. He didn't need to encourage any tabloid stories. He just ducked his head and waved to the crowd of cameras.

The large man at the door smiled and let them right through.

The club was jumping. And crowded. He looked around and saw no less than a half dozen of his teammates. Shit. Just want I need. "Did you know they would be here?"

"Who?" she asked innocently. "Oh, look at that?" She smiled deviously. She grabbed his hand and led him over to the bar where the players were standing. "Hi, boys!"

They looked at Bodhi. Their faces had a look that said, You dog! He had a look that said, save me from the beast. Apparently, they couldn't read the look on his face.

The bartender came over, and she handed him the corporate card. "Hey Marty, Open a tab for us and the six of our friends. Cap it at two thousand. NO CHAMPAGNE!"

Marty smiled. "Anything you say, Janessa."

"I guess you come here often. Being on a first-name basis with the bartender and all."

"I know all the places to be seen, Bodhizafa."

"Don't call me that."

Come on, Bodhi. Loosen up. Let's do some shots." She ran her finger suggestively down his chest. "MARTY! EIGHT SHOTS OF THE GOOD STUFF!"

Marty nodded and got to work pouring out the shots.

"Triple it, Marty. Less work for you in the long run!"

Seven shots were picked up from the bar. "Bodhi. Don't be rude. Raise a glass with your friends!"

He rolled his eyes and picked up a shot.

"TO THE EAGLES!" Janessa yelled.

Everyone in earshot raised their glasses. "THE EAGLES!"

They did the shots one after another in quick secession.

Bodhi was a big guy, but he was really feeling all of the drinks he had tonight.

"Want more?" she asked. "No, I think I'll just have water," he said.

"Bore. Will you at least dance a little?" she asked.

"I don't dance. Especially to a beat."

"Ugh. So, you plan on standing at the bar all night?" She looked at him with an attitude.

"No, I was planning on going home and lying on my couch all night. I didn't ask to come here," he said, taking down the plastic glass of water. "Please get me another water. I've got to hit the head."

He headed to the exit. He needed to get some air. His head was slightly spinning. He hadn't been this drunk since the night he fucked things up with Perri.

He pulled his phone out and decided he was going to drunk text his Periwinkle. It was a little after eleven in England, so it was a little after five in Kennedy. He knew she got her phone from five to six today.

🔵Hey Periwinkle. I really want to talk to you. God, I miss you so much. All I think about is you. I think about the night we made love and the next morning. I can't even look at another woman. You have ruined me for all other women, and I couldn't be happier about it. Every game I play, I play for you. I need to get my ass in the NBA and get back to you. PLEASE CALL ME, I NEED TO HEAR YOUR VOICE! I 💝😍🥰LOVE YOU!

He put his phone back in his pocket and went back inside.

"There you are! I thought you were going to the loo." Janessa said.

"I needed some air." He took the water out of her hand and drank it greedily. "Can we go find a place to sit down?"

"Sure, the guys have a spot in the VIP section." 

📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝📝

A/N: Short chapter, I know, but it is needed to drive the plot forward. 

🎧I NEED YOU NOW- LADY A🎧