Euphoria

Top Tae

Taehyung's birthday special🎉

Kim Taehyung, the prince of the Zedurdain Kingdom.

The young prince who was submerged in his slumber, was awoken by the palace head maid. "Prince? Prince, you must wake up. The majesty commands your presence in the dining room."

"What does that crap want with me?" Taehyung grumbles with his eyes still closed. God, just in time to ruin his sleep. That old man, or the so-called King of Zedurdain won't let him live.

The maid gasped. "Young prince! You must not address your majesty in such a scornful way!" She said covering her mouth with her palms.

"Did I say anything wrong Elie? And what does 'father' need me for?" Taehyung asks while rubbing his eyes and yawning.

"He says you've been slacking off on your archery, and combat classes prince." Elie replies.

Oh yeah, as Taehyung was training to be the future king, he had to take a bunch of classes to be the perfect ruler. But no one really cared to know if Taehyung was into being king. Well, he wasn't. Taehyung never wanted to be a royal, but what can he do about fate?
"Stop with the prince thing already. Urrg, I can't do those classes for god's sake. It's a pain in the- OH OUCH!" Taehyung screamed in pain.

"Stop using bad language, boy!" Elie scolds while pulling Taehyung's ear.

"Ah! Alright, alright. I'll stop!" Taehyung gets out of bed while running a hand through his blonde hair and sighs. His life wasn't going to get any better, but that doesn't mean he can't change that. Or a certain someone.

Taehyung walked downstairs after taking a shower and politely sat himself down by his mother. The king, on the other hand, looked pissed. If Taehyung were to exaggerate, then his face looked more burnt than the last time their chef accidentally burnt their steak, which caused the poor chef to be fired.

"What's with him?" Taehyung asked his mother while digging into his serving of blueberry pancakes.

"Tae, don't tick him off even more. Just talk to him. I'm tired of having to make you two always come to a compromise. And why haven't you been attending your classes? Your mentor was just here to tell us that the last time he tried to teach you combat, you ran off into the village." The queen finished with a sigh.

Taehyung just nodded while dumping about a quarter of the pitcher of syrup on his pancakes. "What do you expect me to do? I don't like talking to him. And about those classes, how many times do I have to tell you that's not my thing? I just want to travel the world, see amazing places, and maybe find the 'one' for me someday." Taehyung says, while revisiting all his fantasies.

"Young man, show some respect. It's been 10 minutes since you came down and haven't greeted anyone yet. Be more punctual." The king says.
Taehyung grits his teeth. "Good morning." He said with a stiff smile.
...
A smile finally rose on Taehyung's face as he walked down to the horse stables, to find his horse being cleanly groomed. He slowly petted the horse's black silky main, as the horse also 'neighed' in joy. Taehyung chuckled and put his saddle on the horse.

"Prince, are you going out again?" The stable boy asks him.

"Yes Jimin, I'm going out again. Wanna come with me this time? I can show you the boy."

"Really? But-." Jimin studders. It's not like he doesn't want to go. Prince Taehyung was his only friend, but he doesn't want the young prince to get in trouble because of him.

"Come on Jimin. I won't tell anyone, I swear." Taehyung says while getting on the horse and lending a hand down to Jimin.

"Oh fine. Just this once, for you. But never again." Jimin says as he hops onto the back of the horse with the help of Taehyung.