A/N: In a previous version Jestion and Riley were already married at this point. It's so hard to not put husband instead of fiance for me so if you see husband no you didn't.

Also just a clear trigger warning these next few chapters will include extreme child abuse and abuse of other adults. I'll put a this sign (*) before certain parts and after them just incase people want to skip it.

P.S, this chapter has a lot of time skips they should be easy to figure out but if not I'll edit it later.

VEGAS

--

Jestion stood on the balcony staring at the full moon. He held his two best knives in his hand being careful to not cut himself as clutched them. With everything going on he hadn't had time to think to himself about what his future held or who he wanted to be. His entire life was about living for others, but now he could include himself in that list of people important to him. He loved the people in his life too much to let them experiance the pain of losing him.

He furiously wiped at the tears falling from his eyes as he kept staring at the blurry moon. The plan was for him and Riley to finally stop Joseph then he would hang up his knives and leave that life behind. The closest parts he would have to do with anything is helping Riley with the audits for Eastons. He just couldn't help but feel useless as his husband persuaded him to stay home with Elias and Caleb.

Jestion jumped slightly feeling a hand on his waist. He turned his head to look at his fiance who came up to hug him. "Why are you crying Petal?" Riley asked him softly as he tried to wipe the tears from Jestions eyes. "I don't know what I'm doing Riley, I don't know how to sit here and not fight anymore. I've been running and fighting since my mom married Eli's dad." Jestion cried to his fiance. Riley turned Jestion around so he could fully embrace him. He rubbed his back letting the male cry.

"I should've stepped in sooner, you should've left these alone when you left him. This isn't you Jestion I know this isn't you." Riley said as he grabbed the knives from Jestion throwing them to the ground. "You know what made me truly fall in love with you, the day I walked into the garden you were surrounded by rose bushes and painting that picture for my moms birthday. Seeing the happiness in your eyes as you painted made me want to see that look on your face everyday I breath." Riley said as he held Jestion's face staring into his eyes. "You are my reason to breath petal, and I'm not gonna let you hurt yourself any longer worrying about this piece of shit." Riley promised. He wiped more tears from Jestions eyes before he leaned down to kiss him.

Riley pulled back and took Jestion into their room so they could lay down together. The pair laid in bed Jestion muffled cries filled the room. It was followed by silence as they laid in each others arms.

"Caleb had one of his surgeries today, it went really well they think he'll be able to do the next one next week, but I was talking to Heather and she brought up a good point." Riley said as he broke the silence. Jestion looked up at him his eyes red and puffy from crying. Riley smiled at him and pinched his cheek.

"You're so cute when you cry." Riley teased his lover. Jestion swatted at his hand and sat up. "Shut up, stop changing the subject what did ya'll talk about?" Jestion questioned as he look back at Riley to continue.

"She thinks we should adopt Caleb, and if we're gonna adopt him we might as well adopt his brother if the boy is still alive." Riley said repeating the words his sister had told him in the hospital that morning.

Jestion sat quietly as he thought about it. The words 'if the boy is still alive' plauged his mind as he thought about the possiblity of the boy not being alive.