The house was still as everyone slept. Darkness filled every nook and cranny as the night passed by. Elias lay in bed staring up at the ceiling. He turned to Alexi who was sleeping deeply and sighed. He never thought his life would be like this. He finally had family again, and even after losing all four of his parents he couldn't help but be happy.

He crawled out of bed not being able to sleep and made his way downstairs. Hurriedly putting on the kettle and getting stuff down to make tea. As he stood dazed by the stove he felt arms wrap around him causing him to jump. Hurriedly turning around he glared at Alexi as the other male doubled over in laughter after scaring Elias.

"You're so easy to scare babe," Alexi said as he pulled Elias back into his arms. Elias sulked as he made his tea but didn't push him away. Alexi walked away to grab himself water before they sat down in silence.

Elias held his hand out for Alexi as he yawned and drank his tea. Sometimes they didn't need words and that was the best part about being together. They didn't have to speak to know when they needed each other.

Elias was once again pulled from his sleepy daze by loud knocking. Alexi felt around under the table before grabbing something. "Go get your brother and Riley up." Alexi said as he led Elias to the stairs. Elias fumbled around for a minute not wanting to leave Alexi but eventually decided to quietly run up the stairs.

He quickly knocked at his brother's door before walking in. Riley was pointing a gun at the door as Jestion sat up. "Riley put it down," Jestion whispered yelled at his fiance as he got out of bed.

"What's wrong Eli?" Jestion said as he grabbed his robe. "Someone is banging on the door and the guards are gone for the night." Elias said causing Riley to jump up. He stumbled out of bed grabbed his robe and put it on before going downstairs.

"Keep an eye on June we'll be right back." Jestion said as he sent a quick message to Lorenzo and Carl. He left he room and Elias could hear the sound of another door opening before the door fully shut.

June had moved but was still sleeping peacefully as he waited. Elias tried not to be worried but his mind raced at all the things that could be happening. One thought kept his mind at bay. Enemies wouldn't knock, right?

---

Alexi kneeled by the window trying to peek out to check for movement as the pounding continued on the door. He could hear footsteps coming upstairs and waved at Carl to get down. The male nodded and kneeled at the kitchen door trying not to yawn.

As footsteps sounded down the stairs Alexi made eye contact with Riley. He shook his head to tell him there was no movement outside besides the pounding on the door. Riley walked up to the door and looked at Jestion who was standing right beside him but out of view of the door.

He opened the door and flipped the light on seeing his mother and father staring at him angrily. He put his gun away knowing his mother was going to chew him out for putting a gun in her face. "Mama, papa you didn't tell us you were coming early." Riley said as he let them in.

Jestion put his gun on safety letting it fall into his robe pocket before turning the lights on. "Oh my Jess! I've missed you so much!" Riley's mom called out as she moved her son to hug Jestion. Jestion hugged her back smiling as he led her inside.

"That was a shit way to counter an ambush, no sniper on the roof are you trying to die." Riley's dad scolded him as he gave the male his bags. Riley sighed and opened the door for him. He turned his dad to the house across the street as he gave the all clear symbol to his guards.

His dad smiled and patted his back. "Good job, still could've turned that gun back on you always keep it low." His dad said before going in to find his daughter. Riley let out a long sigh this was gonna be a long christmas.