Act Five: Lino, The Superhero

Free period was coming to an end. I felt my legs shake with horror as I knew Jimin wasn't gonna let me get to class after leaving him at the table.

"We can finish this weekend, okay? Can't believe we get a project like this on the first day, right?" Minho said, nudging my shoulder.

"Yeah, crazy," I said, uninterested.

"What's going on? You've been distracted for the last 20 minutes leading up to next period." Minho asked, grabbing my hand. I shook my hand out of his grasp and turned to him.

"He's gonna find me. And he's not gonna be soft." I said, looking at Minho through teary eyes. His mouth opened slightly, closing right back up. He took my hand again and placed it on his heart.

"This in my chest will make sure that doesn't happen."

"You're heart won't do shit, Min-"

"Not my heart itself. What's inside it. Love. I will protect you. I won't even go to my class if it means walking you all the way to yours. Fuck it, I'll walk out of mine 5 minutes before to make sure you have a bodyguard. You'll be safe, okay?"

I wiped my tears with my other hand and smiled weakly.

"I'll be okay."

His hand came up to stroke the side of my head, ending at my cheek.

"You know no matter how much we fought in these past two years, I'll never let you get hurt like that when I know about it and can help. Never." He smiled, kissing my cheek. He let go and grabbed his stuff, putting it in his bag.

I sat there shocked. He was being awfully touchy lately. Or is that just me?

Probably just me. We've always been touchy-feely with each other.

Right?

END OF DAY

Minho kept his promise and got 2 scolding's from Mrs. Jung. I thanked him multiple times, getting on my knees as the most formal and appreciative bow we have in Korea.

"Get off the floor before your dress rips, that shit looks tight." He grabbed my hands and yanked me off the floor, dusting my knees off for me.

"It's not that tight, actually. You'd be able to tell by my ability to just walk."

"Maybe you should wear more conventional outfits. These are nice, yes, but if you can't even walk, what's the point?"

"To look aesthetic. And sometimes sexy."

"You don't need to try hard for that second one but alright." I turned to him. I don't think he thought I heard that. Or maybe I was supposed to hear it?

"What are you staring at me for? Do I have something on my face?"

"Yeah, actually." I raised my fingers to make it look like I was taking something off his forehead but instead flicked him.

"The fuck?! That hurt!"

"Nah, reeeeally?" I opened my mouth in an 'O' shape, smiling at him once he shoved me slightly.

"Let's get out of here, I'm tired."

"Don't fall asleep at the wheel!" He yelled at me as he ran to his car, waving manically.

I waved back with a smile on my face, "I won't!" I yelled back as he got into his car and waved once more before driving off.

(tw: rape)

I huffed, sitting in my car with my head leaning on the rest. I heard a knock at my window and opened my eyes, looking to the direction of the sound.

"Unlock the fucking door, Chaeryong." Jimin seethed, looking pissed as ever. I shook my head no slowly, feeling my whole body start to shake once more.