my friend | t.n

"Mr. Berkshire and Miss l/n," Professor Flitwick's voice echoed through the Charms classroom.

You halted your quill's progress on your parchment and turned your attention toward the back, where Lorenzo Berkshire sat engaged in conversation with Theodore Nott.

"Good luck," Hermione snickered

"Yeah, thanks, Mione," you sighed, observing Lorenzo, who seemed content to stay put. With a sigh, you gathered your belongings and maneuvered your way over to him.

"Look, she's obedient, Enzo," Theodore laughed, shooting you a sly look.

"Very funny. Let's just get this over with, yeah?" you retorted.

That was three weeks ago. In the time that followed, your friendship with Lorenzo deepened into something unexpected. Together, you not only successfully completed the assigned project, earning an impressive grade, but Lorenzo had also become a helpful study companion for your upcoming potions assignment. His willingness to help and his genuine sweetness had endeared him to you, turning him into more than just a classmate.

As the days turned into weeks, your friendship continued to flourish. Studying together became a ritual, and the laughter you shared transcended the walls of Hogwarts. Yet, amidst this newfound friendship, there was an undercurrent of tension that you couldn't ignore

Theodore Nott's grumpy demeanor. God It was as if he wanted to murder you

He saw you with enzo?
his eyes rolled

Enzo wanted you to eat with them?
His eyes rolled

You wanted to study with enzo?
His eyes rolled

You had made a joke to enzo that one day that his eyes are going to get stuck there, but unfortunately for you he had come to give enzo his study book and heard you, but what did he do? he rolled his eyes.

To be fair to him, you weren't any better

Enzo had to go practise with theodore?
you'd sigh

Enzo wanted theodore to study with you?
you'd sigh

Enzo had to go back to his dorm to see theo? you'd sigh

Poor enzo couldn't keep up with you both, he felt like he was going mad. So what did he do? He went to blaise.

"Wow that's alot man" blaise nodded before getting a whack from pansy.

"No enzo listen to me, they both just need to get to know each other, the only thing they think they ahve in common is you, so if we remove you maybe they'll find something they actually like about each other" pansy explained

"Or maybe they just both have serious crushes on each other" draco piped in finally lifting his head from his book.

"go back to your book draco"

Enzo had told you to meet him in his dorm to study, which you found a bit weird but then again, enzos a weird guy. you knocked once but he didn't answer, so you knocked again a bit louder.

"Finally you took your tim- oh it's you" theodore nott stood infront of you his eyes raking up and down your body.

you pushed past him "where's enzo?"

"No you've got it wrong princess, i'm hanging out with enzo today" he walked closer to you

"No theodore, he told me to meet him here" he was just about to say something when you both heard the door latch shut

"You're not coming out until you become friends, i can't take this anymore"

"Enzo!" you shouted through the door "Enzo please open the door"

"When you become friends!"

you pressed your ear against the door and heard a few other voices

"enzo this is not what i meant at all"

"how do i get into my room?"

"This is your fault princess" you turned around and saw theodore on his bed watching you

"my fault? maybe if you didn't make me feel like you've hated me this wouldn't of happened"

Theodore was caught off guard by your response
"Maybe if you weren't always stealing Enzo's attention, he could ve been here to hang out with me."

His words hung in the air, leaving a palpable

tension between you two. You were definitely not expecting such a direct accusation. Theodore, on the other hand, immediately regretted his choice of words as he saw the impact they had on you.
Before you could respond, he sighed and muttered, "I didn't mean it like that."

Fed up, you sighed. "what's your deal? We can't keep up like this, for enzo, the poor guy looks like he's aging for gods sake."

He hesitated, before choosing to stay silent
Your eyes narrowed. "maybe if you weren't such a sour git, we wouldn't be having this conversation."

Theodore shot you a glare Maybe if you weren't always acting like you own the place, we wouldn't have a problem."

The argument escalated, each insult flying like sparks from a misfiring spell. The dorm now echoed with your bickering. It was like a full-on wizard duel, but with words instead of wands.

"Merlin's beard, Theo, can't you just chill for once?" you snapped.

"Chill? Maybe you should lower your ego!"
Theodore shot back.

"me lower my ego! theodore you're a teenager acting like a toddler

The back-and-forth continued, like a never-ending Quidditch match of insults. But then, in the midst of the verbal chaos, something shifted.
There was a moment, a beat where you both just stopped, realizing how ridiculous the argument had become.

Theodore sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"This is stupid. Why are we even fighting?"
You rolled your eyes. "Beats me, Theo. Maybe you just enjoy being a prat."

He smirked, a flicker of amusement in his eyes.
"And maybe you just enjoy being a know-it-all."

For a moment, you both just stood there, the tension dissipating like a deflating balloon. Then, in a twist of events, Theodore did something unexpected. He closed the distance between you, and before you could react, his lips crashed into yours.

It was like a jinx had hit you, leaving you momentarily stunned. The argument was forgotten as he brung you impossibly closer to him

And when he pulled away, there was a smirk on
his face. "Well, that shut you up."

You blinked, still processing what just happened.
"What the hell, Theo?"

He chuckled, the tension between you replaced by an awkward sort of understanding. "I figured we needed a different kind of distraction."

You rolled your eyes, but couldn't help the small smile that tugged at your lips. "You're mental, you know that?"

Theodore grinned. "Maybe. But at least we're not fighting anymore."

"Hm, i guess your right"

"is it safe to come in now!" enzo shouted wailed

"No enzo she just stabbed me in the gut"

you watched as the door slowly opened and enzo came in along with blaise pansy and draco.

"can i just say that i was right?" draco smirked taking a bite of his apple