Chapter 2

The ringing of the bell echoes through the classroom as the boy sleeping on the desk awakens abruptly. 

He looks around and realises he dozed off in class and looks apologetically to his bench partner. He sighs, thinking he made a bad first impression on him. He started apologising profusely while the others just chuckled finding Taehyung adorable.

 The two of them headed out of class and started walking around. Taehyung showed Jeongguk all their school's amenities like a swimming pool, a basketball court, and a football ground and showed him where all the labs were and goofed around. 

They both could say in all honesty that this was the most fun they'd had in a long time. They bid goodbye to each other and went their separate ways, happy that they found a new friend.

Once Jeongguk got home, he freshened up, completed his homework, and surprisingly received a call from his dear parents urging him to study ahead and keep his grades up this semester.

 They expected top scores from him and were hoping he wouldn't let them down. They didn't bother asking Jeongguk how his first day of high school was and Jeongguk didn't mind at all.

 When he was little, he tried his best to make his parents proud, to hear them say the five magical words he'd never heard from them, but nothing he did was enough for them, they always expected more, always wanted more. 

As the years passed, he gave up trying to hear those words and gave up trying to impress his parents but the small child in him still hoped they would be proud of him, so he tried his best. He let out an exasperated sigh as he lay down on his bed, slowly drifting off to sleep.

On the other hand......

Taehyung took slow steps towards his doorstep, his ears trying to catch the sound of the television. 

When he hears none, he slowly steps in and lets out a sigh of relief. He didn't want his happy mood to get ruined by his alcoholic mother and her unnecessary screaming. 

Usually, he would be working at his job as a waiter but, he has a holiday for a week since they're renovating the café, he has to go home.

When he sees the lights turned off, he slowly heads to his room, quickly sets his bag down walks towards the room next to him and steps in. He smiles to himself when he sees his little sister is already asleep in bed, hugging her rabbit plushie. 

He heads back to his room sets an alarm for 2 hours on his phone and starts completing his homework. After he's done, he sees that he still has about half an hour left before work and lays down on his bed, trying to get some sleep before heading off to work. 

He wakes up a while later, shutting off his alarm. He grabs his bag, checks up on his little sister to make sure she is asleep and heads out. He works at a bar as a bartender from 12 pm to 4 am.

 The timings may seem to be a little odd, but they are perfect for Taehyung's liking. His schedule is a bit hectic, he goes to school, and after school, he goes to his café shift, After that he heads home, completes his homework and heads to the bar. 

He enters the club and heads to the changing rooms. He changes into a suit and tie and heads towards the station. "You're looking happy today, Taehyungie. Did you meet someone, huh? Who is he? Is he handsome?" his co-worker and friend Hoseok bombarded him with questions.

 Taehyung replied "Yes, I did meet someone new today but not in that way. A new kid joined our class today, Jeongguk, and yes, he is very handsome."

 "Wait, did you Jeongguk, as in Jeon Jeongguk?" 

A new voice emerged from the background of one of his other co-workers and friend, Yoongi. "Yes, Jeon Jeongguk. How do you know him hyung?"

 Taehyung asked confused. "You don't know who Jeon Jeongguk is?" 

Taehyung shook his head with a pout on his face. 

"He's the son of Jeon Ji-Hyun and Jeon Jae-Young, one of the richest people in Korea. We need to get you a proper cell phone and you are clueless." Hoseok said sighing as he served a drink to a customer. 

"Hyung, you know I'm saving up for Minji's birthday present," Taehyung said, preparing a drink for one of his customers and serving it to them.

 "I know, I know, by the way, how is she? Is she okay?" Kim Minji is Taehyung's little sister. 

She's a third-grade student and just a little ball of fluff, She is also very mature for her age and gets perfect grades, an aspect Taehyung is very proud about. 

Taehyung adores her with all his heart and she's always been his priority. Taehyung had taken a day off to care for her because she 'fell ill', well at least that's what he told Hoseok and Yoongi when they asked. 

Her birthday is coming up next month and Taehyung is saving up to buy her a present. He continues serving customers and cleaning glasses and countertops till his shift ends.

He walks into his house and is immediately met with the blaring noise of the television in their living room and the stink of beer hits his nose. He immediately knew what would come next.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU GUYS!!!!!!!! q(≧▽≦q)

Wishing you a year filled with abundant opportunities and the fulfilmentof all your heart's desires. 

May this be the year that sets you on the path tosuccess and happiness.

Hope u liked this chapter and don't forget to vote, it means a lot to me 

and lastly, ILY and stay safe ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

~ RINNIE