Chapter 10

Fast forward a few hours later, they were all on the beach, ice cream in their hands. 

"Face freeze" 

Jeongguk screamed as he pointed to his face with chocolate ice cream smeared all over his mouth. Taehyung just chuckled grabbed a tissue and moved closer to Jeongguk. He placed himself between his legs, as he said

 "Jeongguk you're a grown-ass man and you're still like this, I don't want too cute children to take care of."

 He booped Minji's nose and kissed her forehead to which she shyly giggled. He moved his hand to his mouth and started wiping the ice cream off. He stared into his eyes as Jeongguk's hands moved to his waist as he pulled him closer

 "So you think I'm cute, huh?" 

Jeongguk said as his smile slowly turned into a smirk. They kept eye contact as Taehyung slowly wiped his mouth, his cheeks lighting up in a bright shade of pink. 

As Jeongguk stared into those hazel brown eyes, he noticed a sadness and tiredness that he was trying to hide. A loneliness that had engulfed him. Jeongguk's hand unconsciously started rubbing circles over his thin waist to reassure him that he would always be by his side.

 Taehyung passed him a smile, signing to Jeongguk that he got the message and was grateful. 

"I wanna go into the water,"

 Minji screamed pointing to the ocean with its foamy waves washing up onto the shore.

 "Not now Minji the waves are too high," 

Jeongguk said as he got up and took off his shirt. Taehyung was once again staring at his washboard abs and muscles. Jeongguk suddenly dipped his head down low and whispered in his ear

 "I told you, you would get to see this view again."

 And he raced off towards Minji who sat with a sad look on her face, while Taehyung stood there completely shaken, his cheeks dusted a light shade of pink. He picked her up and carried her into the water. 

They started splashing water at each other and having a water fight while Taehyung just sat there the waves washing up against his feet. 

A smile lit up his face as he looked at the two, silently wishing to himself that this moment would last forever but he knew it wouldn't and he tried not to think about it or the horrible condition he had to go back to and just enjoy the moment. 

He hadn't seen Minji this happy or excited in a very long time, the bright smile on her face when she played with Jeongguk, made him feel like he'd accomplished something great. 

A shadowy figure approached him from the back as he was lost in the sea of thoughts and grabbed him by the waist and lifted him. 

Taehyung let out a scream of fear only realising later that it was Jeongguk. 

"Jeonggukie put me down! What are you- no, no NO!" 

he said as Jeongguk dropped him in the water. Jeongguk and Minji kept laughing as Taehyung looked at them with an annoyed look on his face. He slowly walked towards Jeongguk, who was having a water fight with Minji and jumped on his back.