Chapter 11

brace yourselves >﹏<

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day was painful for all of them, but Jeongguk promised Minji he would meet her after school and have play dates, Minji happily agreed to the arrangement and bid Jeongguk goodbye with a tight hug. 

Taehyung gave Jeongguk a peck on his cheek to which both Jeongguk and Taehyung blushed furiously. Taehyung turned around waving goodbye to Jeongguk as he got into the cab.

 Jeongguk's parents had called him out to dinner, so he couldn't drop Taehyung off at his house even though he did want to, because he wanted him to get him safely and partly because he didn't want to go out to dinner with his parents.

 He half-heartedly waved goodbye to Taehyung. The radio was playing in the background, as Minji laid her head against his shoulder, eyes fluttering shut as she fell asleep again. Taehyung notices the driver continuously staring at him through the rearview mirror. 

He tries to ignore him, not to let the panic rise in his chest. After he fails to do so, he feels a knot in his stomach, the panic in his chest slowly rising the closer they get to his house. The driver is a creepy-looking man, with a bald head, and a thick beard with tattoos and piercings.

 When they near his house, he picks Minji up, opens the door and calmly walks out. The driver then suddenly grabs his hand and pulls him back, making him stumble. 

"Wanna come with me, baby boy? I'll give you a fun night." 

He ended his statement with a wink which made Taehyung cringe on the inside. 

"No thank you, sir. I'll be heading inside now."

 He twists his hand, hoping he will let go but he doesn't and steps out of the car. He walks towards Taehyung. Taehyung quickly kicks him in the balls, which makes him double over in pain and run into his house. 

He's surprised but thankful to find the front door open and the living scattered with a man's clothes. He walks up to Minji's room and places her on the bed, tucking her in.

He goes back downstairs, observes the mess and sighs. He gives up on cleaning the mess when he spots a filled condom in the corner of the room,

 'Looks like she was not at all bored, while I was away.' He hurried to the kitchen to make something for dinner. 

He opens the fridge and realises they have nothing. He goes up to his room and opens his bag to grab his wallet. When he opens his bedroom door, he finds his bedroom in a dishevelled state, his things thrown on the floor.

 'Mother did this...' He thinks as He walks around the room and reaches for his school bag.

 'Shit! My wallet's gone! What do I do? It must be here somewhere.' He thinks as he frantically starts searching for his wallet. 

He turns his already messy room upside down and looks for his wallet, but he can't find it. 

"I didn't drop it in school.....I saw it when I took my textbook out in the night. Is it at Jeongguk's house?" 

He quickly rings up Jeongguk, hoping it's there and not where he thinks it is.

"Ggukie?"

"Hey, Tae! Did you get home safe?"

"Uh...yeah. I wanted to ask whether you found my wallet anywhere at your house?"

"I'm at dinner right now, so I'll tell you once I get home."

 There was music playing and soft voices in the background asking who it was and Taehyung guessed it was his parents. 

"He's my friend," Jeongguk whispered, placing the phone away from his ear. His heart broke a little when Jeongguk said that, but he panicked to notice or care.