Chapter 5

Classes finally ended and Taehyung and Jeongguk parted ways, bidding each other goodbye. But, Jeongguk couldn't help but wonder why Taehyung walked the opposite way home.

 Since their school is located a little in the countryside, most people live in the city and usually walk to the bus stop to catch the bus into town, but he shrugged it off and walked towards where his car was parked. 

Meanwhile, Taehyung made his way towards his sister's school to pick her up. He plugs in his earphones and walks towards the school a slight skip in his steps. Once he reaches it, he waits outside for a bit.

 Soon after he hears a little girl call out his name and run towards him. He sits down on his knees and spreads out his arms, ready to receive his mandatory hug. The little girl squeals and happily hugs her big brother, a wide smile placed on her face. 

Taehyung lifts her and asks her about her day and Minji starts rambling on about how the teachers give so much homework. He chuckles at her cute behaviour and pinches her cheeks to which she whines and swats his hands away, mumbling that it hurts. 

They reach the café and Taehyung is stunned at how different it looks. It was originally a very run-down and dusty sort of place, but Jin hyung made some small renovations before and made it look a bit presentable. 

But this, this was a whole new aesthetic, pastel colours all over and posters of record players and singers from the 90s decorated the place and gave the place a sort-of retro, but modern finish to it. He pushed open the door and looked at Jin awe-struck, who just chuckled at his reaction. 

Minji on the other hand had already run off into the kitchen to meet her best friend and Jin Hyung's boyfriend, Kim Namjoon. Namjoon and her had a lot in common, they both loved reading books and had excessive GK knowledge about the most random things. 

She dragged Namjoon out of the kitchen and made him sit, yelling to Jin hyung that he was taking a break, to which Jin hyung just smiled. All of his close friends adored her and would let her get away with almost anything.

 Once they sat down, Minji bombarded him with questions and Namjoon happily answered every single one of them, admiring her curiosity to learn about such things. Most people her age nowadays, are always stuck to a screen, a tablet, a laptop or a phone. 

But, Minji being a curious child always asked questions about everything and anything, and Taehyung was proud of that fact. Taehyung chatted with Jin hyung for a while, then as the customers started arriving, he got busy with work.

 He kept an eye on Minji, who was busy completing homework with a focused look on her face. He brought her some milk and cookies in case she was hungry. By the time his shift ended, it was already 8 p.m., he walked up to Minji's table to see her already asleep, the glass of milk and plate of cookies all finished. 

Jin hyung walked up to them and started squealing at how adorable she looked and started pinching her puffed cheeks. 

Taehyung gently woke her up and said "Baby, wake up. We have to get back home." 

She opened her eyes and started rubbing them while attempting to wake up. She eventually did stand on her feet and started walking home, saying goodbye to Jin Hyung and giving him a peck on the cheek. 

A little while later, she started dozing off while she was walking and Taehyung offered to give her a piggyback ride. She gladly accepted the offer and dozed off on his shoulders. Once they got home, Taehyung unlocked the door, silently hoping his mother was not home and to his relief, she was not. 

He placed Minji on her bed, taking off her shoes, socks and school sweater. He kissed her forehead and said goodnight and went off into his room. He showered and sat down to complete his assignments. 

He left for work again at 12. He worked till around 3 and then bid goodbye to Hoseok and Yoongi, not forgetting to tell them to drop by the café to see the renovations. Taehyung had a big friend group, but he only fully trusted Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin and now Jeongguk.

 He had spent a lot of time with Jeongguk over the last week and got to know him better. Although he looked mean and tough on the outside with his toned muscles and tattooed sleeve, he was nothing but a soft baby on the inside, who just wanted attention. 

He got home to see his mother passed out on the couch, beer bottles surrounding the table. He thanked the gods for this opportunity for him to get a good night's sleep. He happily walked up to his room, showered, applied medicine to his wound and slept like a baby.

~~The Next Day~~

Taehyung energetically woke up completed his morning routine and packed his bag, feeling rested after last night's sleep. He entered his sister's bedroom and woke her up, She noticed his energetic aura and said

 "Mother didn't trouble you last night, did she?" Taehyung shook his head with a smile on his face. 

She smiled back and said "Well you deserve it Tae-tae. I'm so proud of you."

 Taehyung felt pride swell up in him as his sister uttered those words. He ruffled her hair and told her to wash up and come down for breakfast. 

She nodded and headed off to the bathroom, while Taehyung headed down to make breakfast. The delicious smell of bacon and eggs hit her nose when Minji walked down the stairs, dressed in her uniform. 

She ran towards the kitchen, ignoring her mother, who slept on the couch like she was unconscious and looked over the counter and asked

 "What's for breakfast?" Taehyung chuckled, while pushing her away from the stove and answered

 "Bacon and eggs, you're favourite. Stay away from the stove, you don't want to get burnt, do you?" 

She excitedly sat down on the table picked up her knife and fork and immediately dug in when Taehyung placed the dish on the table. They left for school soon after, goofing around on the sidewalk. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

another update for y'alllll

hope y'all are happy 

and lastly, ILY and stay safe ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

~ RINNIE