Chapter 8

Minji immediately ran up to Taehyung and gave him a tight hug, happy her brother was all right. She sat down beside him and told him all about her day. 

After Taehyung was done, Minji insisted that he get some more sleep and left the room. Taehyung argued that he shouldn't extend his stay and is thankful Jeongguk let him sleep until now. 

Jeongguk brushed it off saying it was no problem at all and he was happy he could help him anyway. Taehyung did eventually get some more sleep. 

Jin hyung shortly after returned to the café, which he left in charge of Namjoon and Jimin because nobody trusted Namjoon in the kitchen or with handling food in general. 

Jeongguk and Minji started playing video games to pass the time. After a few hours, both of them were occupied with beating each other. 

Taehyung walked down the stairs and saw Jeongguk and Minji playing video games, Jeongguk distracted Minji by putting his hand in front of her face and Minji hitting him on the arm hard and Jeongguk whining that she was so unnecessarily strong. Taehyung just stared at the pair, smiling to himself. 

This was the first time he saw Minji having so much fun in a long time, he was always too preoccupied to take her to the park or the arcade or any place where they could forget their struggles for a moment and run free.

He slowly made his way to the kitchen got himself some water and sat down on the couch next to them. That's when they finally spotted him and Minji set down the controller and ran to sit on his lap. Taehyung ruffled her hair and spoke

"You look like you had fun." 

"Oh, I had fun but Jeonggukie didn't have fun losing."

"Hey! I only lost twice!....... okay, maybe not twice." 

The two started bickering. Taehyung intervened and said it was time for them to go home. Taehyung's phone rang and he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Taehyung-ah don't you dare come to work today." 

It was Hoseok and judging from the loud noises in the background, he was calling from work.

"Jin hyung told us what happened. You need to rest some more and not coming to work for one day won't affect your salary that much."

Yoongi's deep voice could be heard from the other side of the line. Taehyung sighed and replied

"Not you too Yoongs. I'm not that tired, I can come to work"

"You're not coming and that's final. And if you do come, we'll kick your ass out"

Taehyung mumbled an okay and cut the call. He heard footsteps and turned around. He saw Jeongguk walking towards him a slight smirk on his face, he reached his hand out and opened the cabinet above Taehyung's head.

 Their faces were inches apart, and Taehyung could feel Jeongguk's breath fanning over his lips. Taehyung turned red, his face resembling a ripe tomato. Jeongguk walked out of the kitchen as if nothing had happened. 

Taehyung halted, his heart beating at the speed of light.

 'Calm down, calm down. Why're you beating so loudly?' He scolded his heart as he took deep breaths. 

He finally stepped out of the kitchen and Jeongguk inquired 

"Who were you talking to on the phone? Do you have another job?"

 Taehyung checked to see whether Minji was around and thankfully she was still on the couch, playing games.

 "I do have another job, but Minji doesn't know about it. I work at a bar close to our house as a bartender."

 "No wonder you were so tired. Forget all that you just relax. I'll order some pizza for us." 

He returned to the living room and sat down next to Minji. Taehyung just sighed, dreading going back to work and sat down on the beanbag. He pushed all those thoughts away and focused his attention on the movie that was playing on the TV. 

The bell rang exactly 25 minutes later, making Jeongguk groan because he was hoping to get a free pizza. Taehyung ran to the door and Jeongguk jogged up behind him, not wanting him to pay for the pizza. 

He noticed that the delivery boy was checking him out, his eyes moving up and down his body while he had a slight smirk on his lips. Jeongguk glared at him and possessively slid his hand around Taehyung's waist.

 The boy finally noticed him, his eyes went down to his hand and he backed away, taking the money and leaving immediately. Taehyung felt Jeongguk's hand on his waist and looked up, only to see him glaring at the delivery boy who looked genuinely scared. 

He practically sprinted out of their yard when Taehyung handed him the money.

 "Jeongguk! You scared the hell out of that boy! Why were you glaring at him like that?"

 Taehyung whined, 

"He was checking you out and it was bothering me." 

Jeongguk argued while opening the pizza box and placing it on the table. Minji lunged forward and grabbed a piece, not having tasted this delicacy in a very long time. 

Taehyung chuckled at her expression of joy when she tried the pizza and did her happy dance. Jeongguk turned to Taehyung to see him smiling widely at her behaviour, his boxy smile lighting up his eyes. 

He liked his smile and for some reason, he wanted to be the reason for that smile. 

"You wait for tomorrow, we're gonna have so much fun! Oh, I can't wait." 

Jeongguk muttered, but Taehyung still heard him and asked

 "Where are we going tomorrow?" 

"You'll see tomorrow, Taehyungie. Now let's start eating." 

He rubbed his hands together and grabbed a piece, biting into it while Minji was choosing a movie to watch.

Eventually, after a lot of arguments between Jeongguk and Minji, Jeongguk wanted to watch Iron Man while Minji wanted to watch Zootopia, and they agreed to watch Zootopia.

 When the movie finished Jeongguk noticed Taehyung fell asleep halfway through, his tiredness catching up to him. He hooked his arm under his legs placed his other arm under his head and picked him up.

 He carried him up to his room and placed him on the bed. He tucked Minji in bed too right in between him and Taehyung and went off to Dreamland excited for tomorrow. 

________________________________

triple update cause I love you guys <3<3

and lastly, ILY and stay safe ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

~ RINNIE