Chapter 3

His mother was home. She sat on the couch, legs up on the coffee table, bottles of beer at her feet. He tried to sneak past her, really trying not to ruin his good mood. But the sound of the creaky door and floorboards gave him away. 

Their two-bedroom apartment was run down with the paint chipping off the walls, and the furniture torn in all sorts of places. 

The window was all open as the cold winter air flew in sending shivers down Taehyung's body, most of the windows were jammed so he couldn't close them no matter how hard he tried. 

The constant tapping sound of the kitchen sink drove Taehyung insane, but having a plumber come fix it was too expensive. They were barely surviving as it was. 

His mother turned her attention to Taehyung as he lowered his head in instinct. His mother slowly made her way towards him. She stood in front of him and forcefully lifted his head, digging her nails into his chin. 

'That's gonna leave a scar' he thought. As soon as he looked up a slap landed on his cheek. Before he could process it, he was being pushed to the ground and kicked around while his mother screamed 

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING OUT SO LATE? SLEEPING AROUND LIKE THE WHORE YOU ARE! SO, YOU STILL HAVEN'T LEARNT YOUR LESSON FROM THE LAST TIME, HAVE YOU? AND DON'T DARE TELL ME LIES LIKE LAST TIME, YOU STUPID BITCH? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? CAN'T YOU JUST BE LIKE A NORMAL CHILD?".

 His mother's rant ended with her storming off into her room, possibly to get drunk even more. He finally looked up, without a single tear in his eyes and walked up to his room like nothing had happened. 

He closed the door behind him and walked towards the bathroom and started cleaning the wound on his forehead and chin.

 He didn't even wince at the stinging sensation and continued cleaning the wound. He bandaged it up and headed to bed, hoping the next day would be better.

~~THE NEXT DAY~~

Taehyung woke up with a massive headache and made his way to the bathroom to get cleaned up. He gathers all of his homework and heads downstairs to prepare breakfast. 

He makes his way to his sister's room to wake her up. He sits down on her bed and slightly shakes her. 

"Five minutes more Tae-tae" she whines turning away from Taehyung. He slightly chuckles and pulls her up,

 "No five more minutes. Do you have to go to school, remember? Now go get ready or do you want to use my special attack?" She instantly sits up straight and smiles 

"No need Tae-tae I'm up, see? Now could you please proceed out of my room so I can get ready". Taehyung walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

A while later, Minji comes downstairs for breakfast. Taehyung serves her breakfast as he gets to clean the mess made by their mother last night.

 After they're done, they head out. Taehyung drops Minji off at her school and walks towards his high school.

His headphones are plugged in as he hums to the music, lightly dancing to the music.

As he walks into the high school, he greets the janitor, Mr. Jang, who smiles at the boy. He makes his way to the classroom sets down his bag and takes out his textbooks, arranging them perfectly on his desk as he waits for the teacher. 

He doesn't notice when his eyelids close and he falls asleep. He is woken up by Jeongguk a while later who chuckles and says 

"You are a sleepy head, what are you doing sleeping even before the class starts? I understand if you fall asleep in Geography, Mrs. Song is so boring."

 "Don't talk about Mrs. Song like that, she's so sweet. She let me retake a test once because I skipped school. She even got me cookies on my birthday."

 "That's because you're so perfect and likeable. The whole class got you gifts on your birthday, everyone waved to you in the hallways and you're all the teacher's favorite student. You're the perfect student. Your grades are always excellent, you actively participate in sports and you are nice to everyone. I'm sure half the class has a crush, guys and girls." 

A new voice popped up of Taehyung's best friend, Park Jimin.

______________________________________________

Hope y'all like this chapter! (❁'◡'❁)

I hope you guys are happy and enjoying life (✿◡‿◡)

if you're not, it'll get better dw ^.^

and lastly, ILY and stay safe ( •̀ ω •́ )✧

~ RINNIE