2.) The Janitor

"nooo why do you like the school's janitor?" Aeri covers her mouth.

"Aeri what the fuck"

Kim Minjeong.

Although she's a janitor at the school, she's also a student.

Thing is, her mother works as a janitor at the school too. So she's alongside her mother at times.

People spot her taking the trash out during lunch, cleaning the cafeteria after lunch, or stopping by classrooms to empty trash bins after school.

Obviously she's been bullied for it.

Being called a janitor instead of her actual name, or clean freak because when she's not in class, she'd be cleaning the most tiny stains for no reason.

But besides the cleaning and janitor type of work she does, No one knows who Minjeong really was.

"Rina, you basically like a janitor."

"You don't know her well enough. She's also a student!" Karina retorts.

"You do you, but just so you know if you last left your yellow journal in the cafeteria, it only means that Minjeong found it while cleaning." Aeri smirks as she walks away.

She practically left Karina frozen on the chair because the realization hits her that Minjeong probably has the journal.

_________

5 hours ago

"Minjeong honey, can you clean some of the tables for me before you get to class?" Taeyeon asks.

"Sure ma," and with that she puts on a little grin before marching towards one of the tables with a spray bottle and rag.

A couple tables in as she's whistling some tunes, she comes across this bright yellow journal sitting on the ground near one table.

She picks it up, and looks around because she has no clue where to put it.

So she put it in her backpack and made a mental note to bring it to be lost and found afterwards.

Of course that didn't happen. If anything, Minjeong forgets quickly and after school she finds the yellow journal in her backpack.

"Oops." She tells herself but she takes a moment to look at the journal cover.

It had stickers of shin Chan and drawings everywhere, along with initials 'YJ'

There's so many people with the initials YJ, who knows who it could be.

She knows she shouldn't be peeking though.

But her thoughts get the best and she fights the urge to open just one random page to read.

And what page she opens makes her eyes widened. Not in a bad way though.

★★★

Apr 11
It's my birthday today!! And as a gift mom bought me a new phone. I told myself that the first phone number I want in my contacts list was Minjeong but I don't think she'll care to give it to me.

She's so hardworking and smart! She even got the highest ranking on the exam this week.

There's more to why I like her. I love her, but I don't think she'll notice that.

That's alright though! Seeing her everyday at school is enough for me.

Jimin out <3

★★★

She shuts the journal, staring into space as she thinks about..things.

For sure Winter knows this person is named Jimin. But there were so many Jimin's in the school.

The rest of the day wasn't what Minjeong expected either. She kept on thinking of who Jimin was. Maybe she's seen her before. So many thoughts were flooding her mind.

That night She was also telling herself not to read the journal but she couldn't keep still.

Maybe she'd know who it was if she read the first page, which she shouldn't do.

She did anyway.

Mentally apologizing to herself, she flips to the first page where she sees the name "Yu Jimin" written.

Well now she knows who it really is.

________________

Aeri flinches when she hears the girl scream into her pillow.

"Oh my god Karina chill the fuck out!" She sighs.

"I can't Aeri, I know she has the journal. I JUST KNOW IT."

Even if it was true and Winter did have her Journal, at least she'll get it back somehow.

"Look, if she did have your journal I don't think she'll read what's inside. Privacy." That's where Aeri was
Wrong.

But Karina trusted Aeri's words. There's still a side where she feels anxious but she tries to ignore it.

Meanwhile Winter ended up reading the journal almost the entire night because it was interesting how Karina could write about Minjeong for 4 years straight.

And she liked it. Giggling and kicking in her bed at 2 in the morning reading it with a smile on her face.

She probably shouldn't, but it's not like she'll expose Karina's journal to other people.

She was familiar with Karina since middle school. They've had some classes with each other in the past and at some points, winter did like to stare at Karina in class. Just cause..she was pretty.

But the more she got older, winter felt as if she became distant with the school when she volunteered to help her mom in her free time as a janitor.

Technically she was made fun of but she doesn't give a shit. She likes cleaning and it made her happy.

Most of the time she'd see Karina at lunch, but she doesn't take much of it into her mind.

Until now.