5.) Upset or Just Jealous?

Aeri was at her usual spot.

On the bleachers, watching the school's cheer team run their daily practice when she hears Karina running towards her.

"Are you okay?" Aeri looked worried because there were tears running down Karina's face.

"I don't know Aeri, I think I need help."

"No no baby, you're okay." She pulls Karina down to the bleachers, rubbing her back.

"Breathe Karina, Breathe." She even breathes along with Karina for assurance.

As her breathing evens out and the tears slowly dry, she starts to speak.

"Ryujin kissed me." Aeri just looks at her but really, she was shocked.

"She did?" Aeri calmly asks and the older girl just nods.

"How do you feel?"

If Jimin's being honest, it doesn't feel right. It's like she betrayed someone or something even if there was no one she betrayed.

"It wasn't right." Aeri just listened.

"I don't know Aeri, she just leaned in and I stayed there for a bit because I was confused."

"And..and then Minjeong was right there-" she felt like she was gonna break down crying again.

Aeri just listens, internally freaking out because so much was happening.

"Calm down Karina, you're okay." Aeri hugs her.

_________

Thursday evening

Winter laid in her bed, feeling unsettled for some apparent reason. She doesn't usually feel this upset.

But when she closed her eyes, she thought of the moment she saw Karina kissing someone else. Just the memory made her feel mad.

She grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it at the wall with a huff.

Shortly after, Taeyeon opens the door to Winter's room. "Winter, what's that noise?"

"Sorry mom." She got up and picked the pillow from the ground and plopped back on her bed.

"You seem off today after school. You okay?"

Winter sighs, looking up to the ceiling. She never hides truths from her mom. She was never the type to hide things.

"Well, I feel weird."

"How?" Taeyeon sits on the bed.

"I saw this girl kissing some other girl today in the library and I felt mad." Winter sat up on her bed.

"But why am I mad if I don't even know much about this girl. I barely talk to her at school." Winter frowns.

It goes silent for a bit.

"Maybe you like her." Taeyeon smiles.

Maybe her mom is right. Maybe she does like Karina but she feels like there's just more than 'like'

"You're maybe just jealous, perhaps."

"When you like someone you gotta know them somehow, it's how you spark that feeling for them." Her mom adds.

Winter just sits there thinking of their first encounter.

She has known Karina since middle school, but all she's ever done was stare at her and compliment her.

"I'm going out." Taeyeon gets up.

"Where?"

"to Tiffany." Taeyeon responds.

Winter was never one to follow her mom around to places but just today she does. Only because it's Tiffany, and another certain someone.

"Can I tag along?"

______________

A few minutes passed after cheer practice was over and Aeri dropped Karina off at home.

"Call me or text me if anything bothers you okay?" Aeri smiles.

Karina nods before waving goodbye.

Once the car disappears, she walks into the house where she hears her mom laugh with what it sounds like another woman.

She peeks in the kitchen to see her mom. "Oh you're home Rina?" Tiffany smiles.

Karina nods and her eyes look over to the woman sitting near her mom.

It was janitor Tae, what students call her.

"I'll head to my room mom." Karina takes off but she comes to a halt in realization.

"If Taeyeon is here, does that mean.."

The sweet tone rang through the older girl's ear.

"Hey Karina."